What questions do you ask guests when they request a booking?

I’m actually a photographer but interiors aren’t my thing, so this happens a lot and I never take offence. my photos look a little bland, because we are minimalists and I hate clutter, but when you are in the space it doesn’t look as plain as the photos portray. and i’m very careful to use an appropriate lens (not my super wide) to avoid that fake real estate look.

I do have flowers in some pics and I put “seasonal” on the caption. We cut roses from our gardens when we can, otherwise we usually have dried gum leaves in vases about the place.

None. I have instant book on. I just say “thanks for choosing Graber’s Lake Getaway…”
Never an issue!

“Do you have any questions or concerns?”

None!
I have instant book on. I just send a thanks for choosing Graber’s Getaway message.

Christine do you have special curtains for your clawfoot/tub. A guest just informed me (in a french translation)- that water got on the floor- I believe the liners may need an additional curtain -but the ring on the ceiling is so flimsy I didn’t want to add extra weight, but will do if necessary. I added the shower before I moved out for the summer -so never tried it myself- guess I should have. Also since i bought 2 curtains- wondering if I should buy some type of ornamental clasp to keep the curtains together.

Here is what I use for my 100m year old clawfoot tub (and the floor og my bathroom is wood, not tile):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5XMS15G/ref=syn_sd_onsite_desktop_0?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_p=75127947-5eb8-45ab-b49a-e5324ce5ef2c&pf_rd_r=G8FXBT05R57WJ2M19YJP&pd_rd_wg=mvZVE&pd_rd_w=oyUvg&pd_rd_r=6af1addd-f79f-4ba4-ad96-1a06c860b716&th=1

Oh thank you Rolf … these look great. so I guess I’d buy 2… and
they snap on correct as my pole will not allow for removal… do
you buy them because they are fairly light?

my whole shower set up/contraption feels very flimsy the way it fits
to wall and ceiling- I keep picturing a 250 lb man yanking it and the
whole thing coming out of the wall… but so far so good.

guess I’m wondering why in particular you like these… Do you use a
clasp of any kind to keep them together?

Not sure what I can do about my floor as the tub is next to the wall.
Just hoping people will take care with splashing.and I won’t find out
the floor is rotting in 5 years time…

thanks again for recommendation.

I have never understood the point of shower curtain liners. Just seems like one more unnecessary thing to deal with. Why not just have a shower curtain?

1 Like

I bought these because they are long enough to encircle somebody within the shower. The liner part on snaps so you can take it out and wash it without undoing the entire curtain from the hangers on the curtain rod. It literally takes one minute to on snap the entire liner. This company sells a spare liner as well so you can on snap there when you’re washing and snap the one in for your guests with no interruption of service.

1 Like

I have an affordable, not luxurious rental. I have tried a variety of fabric look curtain and double layer effects all of which got discolored quickly. My very hard water probably didn’t help. I went back to good quality heavy vinyl curtains. I have decorative rings but I don’t think they are necessary. The curtains (or the inner curtains if you have layers) needs to go inside and standard lengths are sometimes too long for that. Cutting the vinyl ones is easy but hemming fabric ones results in a hem that traps moisture and can discolor quickly. Having one curtain against the wall also made it tough to provide a grab bar. The edges of my tub did not allow for one so I installed this and ugly but functional one at the end of the tub. Here’s the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006IP4DHC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hello all, I just joined the Forum, so hope I’m posting on the right place!

Before I even started renting on Airbnb or VRBO, I obtained a copy of a rental agreement from a friend who was also renting out her property, and I use it with every rental. It had been drawn up by her attorney. They have to initial in certain places, sign, and provide their driver’s license number.

It’s stated in my listing that they have to sign a rental agreement, even though I have instant booking. I’ve only had two people balk in over 7 years - one in particular, but after a day or so, he did agree to it. They turned out to be wonderful guests and gave a great review with 5 stars.

Because I have IB, it’s also listed in the rental agreement that we reserve the right to cancel their booking if they have a rating of 3 stars or less.
As previously stated, if it spooks them, then it may be for the best!

In all this time, there’s only been one renter who didn’t respect the property - it looked like they had either been drunk or were in a fight, so no true damage was done- and I just kept their security deposit.

Also, minimum age of primary renter is 25- no exceptions - not even my granddaughter!! What one may do (or not do) while alone can become a completely different scenario if young friends are present and mob mentality sets in. It’s just not worth it.

That sounds great. I think hosts deserve more protections and it seems
smart that you add your own.
Just wondering if airbnb could say anything about this? But if you’ve
been doing it for 7 years I imagine they don’t?
I heard somewhere you cannot take a security deposit for airbnb?
Wondering if this is true?

The only thing that makes me nervous is if a renter can say “they are
a tenant if they technically have a lease/rental agreement?” The gov’t
seems to provide few protections for landlords in many places…

Thanks Rolf… So you buy 2 of them?
Are they very heavy? Just because my curtain rod from the ceiling
seems very flimsy…
And again- they snap on the rod right- no need to disconnect anything
I am assuming.

So just to be clear- I am trying to see how “no hook” work- do they
snap over the rod? it looks like you have to weave the rod through
them and my rod doesn’t come apart so they wouldn’t work for this.
so just wanted to make sure they are snap on around the top- the
details seemed rather vague… on the listing

As an airbnb person who needs to add a little business- what are your
thoughts on joining Vrbo? Is it hard to sign up- easy to review
guests- and do they provide insurance?

Any advice would be wonderful… I started doing some research and
heard some horror stories on vrbo about people not getting paid for a
month!!! this made me antsy about jumping through the sign up hoops…

thanks

Hi, letsgo. Truth be told, I get much more business on VRBO. Not sure why.
And other than the one incident I mentioned, we have been extremely lucky. I believe a lot of it is due to the fact that it’s a cabin in the mountains, so we aren’t going to get the same type of clientele that one would find in, say, a college town or a beach rental- which we also have. BUT at the beach place we have a property manager who lives on site. I would never think of renting out property there under any other circumstances!

1 Like

Letsgo- P. S.
As for signing up, it’s been 7 or 8 years so I can’t honestly remember, but seems it was about the same as for Airbnb as far as difficulty. Yes, they provide insurance, and yes you can review guests, but only by providing stars for five or six different categories. There’s no space to write anything about them.
However, you can answer them once they post a review, just like on Airbnb. I honestly find dealing with VRBO much easier than Airbnb. They seem to be more professional. I’ve had several issues with Airbnb, but never had any problems with VRBO (and I’m a super host and all that boloney, blah blah blah).

1 Like

No, I bought the one for clawfoot tubs. It will be big enough. Please read the description in Amazon.

Please read the info on Amazon, it will explain all this.

That should be mentioned in your listing information, not just in a rental agreement they don’t see until after they IB.
And I don’t think Airbnb would give you a penalty-free cancellation if the guest has a rating of 3 stars or less.