What kind of review do I leave for guest who ruined entire upstairs carpet?

Update: She paid in full for the damages, and states she is sending a gift card to round it up to the next hundred.
I’m very pleased, still wondering how to word her review.

1 Like

Well, it sounds like, as a guest, she did great! Why she didn’t use the bucket - who knows - like I said, when my kid had this, it was pretty sudden and, let’s just say, my husband went and cleaned up the parking lot… she paid up and cooperated -

Does she need the review?

1 Like

Brook, you know… in this case, it might be good to skip the review. Certainly this was not an uneventful stay? We want guests in and out and well behaved. We don’t want to deal with this sort of crisis!

1 Like

She doesn’t need the review, but I think this could have happened to anyone, and if they had just had orange soda, the mess would have been just as bad. The only thing she really did wrong was not taking the bucket, but she made good on the damages, to me, that actually says a good deal of her character.

2 Likes

I would leave a review. Or, say there was an incident, but she made it right, so you still recommend her as a guest.

4 Likes

I would leave a review too. Start with the positives (before she got sick) and go on to say that she caused accidental damage through no fault of her own but was happy to cover the bill. I think she deserves a good review.

Yes there was the bucket thing but we all hope for the best, don’t we?

And it’s unlikely that any future host will have to cope with a situation with her like that one that was beyond her control.

1 Like

OK you guys are correct.

1 Like

If she felt sick,she should have brought a bucket or at least grabbed the trash can. I felt queasy when I went to bed last night,so I put the wastebasket by my bed. My supper did come up but it was contained. Unfortunately,supper was baked ziti so my vomit was red,too. But,really,I haven’t thrown up in bed since I was about 11. I’m prone to stomach viruses,but I’ve almost always been able to get in the toilet or pail.

1 Like

Did Air pay you our the money yet?
I just had guests that left and they left a lovely big stain on the carpet which I will have to have professionally cleaned. Will they pay for it? Where do I contact the resolution centre?

This was quite a few years ago!
The outcome is up above in this thread.
ABB did NOT pay me for damages, they simply forwarded her payment for damages to me.
In other words, she agreed to personally cover the cost of damages.

I have just sent a guest a request for damages. What happens if the guest does not want to pay? Do guests automatically pay a security deposit when they book? I am quite new - I dont think I have a security deposit?

I think that it would be a great idea for you to read through the Airbnb site very thoroughly. Spend a few hours (or days maybe!) reading through this forum too - it’s the ‘Airbnb University’ :slight_smile:

3 Likes