What is your cleaning routine/tips?

I lint roll when I’m making up the bed.

1 Like

Thanks all, my ‘logic’ is illogical lol.

1 Like

Same here I tint roll the sheet and top of duvet

1 Like

For stays longer than 3 days -> always hire a cleaning maid, the apartment becomes really dirty in most cases, can’t risk getting a bad review…

^ - This. I don’t trust myself to catch everything, so I have my cleaner come in and then I do an inspect afterward. She does laundry which is awesome because I hate laundry. Depending on where you live, you can probably find reasonably priced, good folks through a friend’s referral or taskrabbit.

Lint rollers save alot of time!

I’m very clean. It is worth it, believe me. There are so many Airbnb listings now that it pays to stand out. And cleanliness is a nice and quite easy way to do so. I think an hour is not a long time. I’ve had to clean a room for four hours on a few occasions. Some people are just piggy.

Hahaha…mine is exactly like this too.

I think this is normal time you are taking to clean your bathroom and living room. That’s a lot of space to cover. To decrease time try to do things in a systematic manner. Make a procedure to follow for cleaning. This sure will help.

How do you clean window or door screens when they can’t be removed from the frame? I’m talking about

I would vacuum (with brush attachment) both sides and then wipe each side with a wet cloth and then dry.

1 Like

If you are looking for a super efficient and effective method for cleaning, I’ve written a book just for this purpose. The tools, the products, and how to use them. Get the job started, and get the job done with excellent results and least effort.

I use this method with rental properties large and small as well as large estates.

You can get a copy of Get Your House Clean Now:The Home Cleaning Method Anyone Can Master by Beth McGee on Kindle or paperback.

I hope you find this method as useful as I do every day!

How to clean a bathroom in 3 minutes! I just found thisby chance and it works.

2 Likes

Since getting the superhost status, I find myself on my hands and knees cleaning way too much and looking for dirt in the strangest area. I think it puts a lot of pressure on a host, especially if never really wanted it.

2 Likes

Sometimes my regular cleaner can’t make it, in which case I have to clean the apt myself. I am not nearly as thorough as she is but I still get a 5 star cleanliness and overall rating. Try not to stress so much. When a unit is completely cleaned as frequently as every few days, nothing gets very dirty.

1 Like

How sad am I that I not only watched that but all the other cleaning videos in the list!

And @mcbetsy, I bought your book! The only trouble is I am now desperate to replace my vacuum cleaner with one of those cool ones with a powerhead you recommend … husband not pleased.

1 Like

That method just doesn’t meet my standard for a basic clean. First, they didn’t clean the tub, the part where the feet have been and all the spooge had been running down towards the drain. Any cleaner must scrub or wipe the tub. So I’d take the garbage bag to the hall and toss everything else used out there too. Second, if I have shiny old 4x4 tiles or the wallboard that looks like tile, (and I do in the bathroom I used to rent) they also need to be sprayed and polished dry. Third, she didn’t wipe down/polish off the tank flush lever. The back hinge area may indeed be the part that looks dirtiest but I want that lever to be spotless.

7 Likes

Yay, I got to “like” your post! Yes, there’s always hair in the bathtub, and you should ALWAYS wipe down the toilet handle. I may not clean my toilet in my home as often as I should, but I wipe down the toilet seat and handle regularly!

Plus, in my case, there’s a window ledge to clean, several shelves, all tiles, soap dishes (in-built, two of them), toothbrush holder (which always has toothpaste on it), change shower curtain liner (and often shower curtain itself), inside of bathroom cabinet, add clean bathmat and towels, dust window blinds, put new toilet roll on holder, check spares, refresh toiletries basket … and it’s the tiniest bathroom on the planet :wink:

1 Like

Some things like a window ledge or the top of the light fixture don’t have to be cleaned each time (remember I’m mostly 1-2 nighters). I assume a 3 minute clean is a daily thing or for people who just clean their family bathroom every day or two. I do get a lot of dust here and have to dust or wipe every horizontal surface often even if it wasn’t “used.”

1 Like