What is the best way to make a single bed that is against a wall?

@GardenGnome Please forgive my candor – based on your photo, the bed doesn’t look very attractive at all. The top sheet is the wrong size, the pillows don’t look as if they have pillow protectors, and the pillowcases look wrinkled…

The thing that looks like a top sheet is actually the duvet cover. It’s hard to make it look decent with the bed up against the wall.

The top pillow is a memory foam that does have a pillow protector and a pillow case on it. Because of the unusual shape, the only pillow case avabille is white.

I’m thinking of putting the memory foam pillow under the blue one. It is very comfortable, if you like a firm pillow. The other one is soft. I like to have one firm and one soft for each twin, and two of each for the queen.

Until I get new duvet cover, I will probably follow the suggestion of tucking the duvet into the bed frame. I guess I can put the blanket somewhere else in the room, if it doesn’t look good on the foot of the bed. I just wanted to make sure they knew it was for guest use and freshly washed,

2 Likes

@GardenGnome sorry I got busy. I meant to comment on how I found pics of bolster boards placed in corners or even just pillows piled in a corner like in the thumbnail. I was really impressed with how that little change made the bed in a corner go from blah to “hey, that’s cool.” Especially for a small room with no seating area making the bed more like a day bed is great. Now I wish i had a corner to put my bed in.

1 Like

KKC Those are nice pics! In my case I was going to do a matching padded “headboard” but with the curved wall and no way to attach it, that idea got canned. There are often nicely priced twin headboards get one for the head and one along the wall…and you may not even have to attach it to the bed. Making it look more like a daybed is one of the keys in the pics.image

1 Like

image if anybody is in los angeles, this is new and a steal for 200$ for all, see los angeles craigslist Twin headboard…

1 Like

These look great but still don’t make them any easier to make.

Question was best way…I interpreted as in so it looks good, not as so it’s easy.

1 Like

Try making the bed in a corner with the other walls only -15" away. Afterwards I have to wipe my feet marks off the wall. But this is inside the sleeping cabin of my Gypsy which total 200 sq ft. No easy route.

If you can move the whole bed or mattress around a little that helps. The Op bed looked a little like the frame to small or shoved too far into the far corner.

2 Likes

This is my single bed against the wall. I tuck the flat sheet in as well

3 Likes

Ha ha. This topic is my personal (bed) bug bear! I have single Ikea bunks up against the wall in the spare room. Being disabled I can just about pull up the mattresses to put on the fitted sheet on a good day. If that is too much I have to spread the sheet out and sit on it and then tuck it in around me. Then struggle to stand up again. I just fold the duvet/doona and put the top sheet on that rather than tuck them in. When there are two friends (without benefits) staying one invariably sleeps in the bottom bunk, the top one only gets used if there are two kids, or an athletic adult. It looks a bit rubbish to be frank. I just had a photographer in and asked him if I should “make the beds” for the photos ie tuck in the doona and he said it was best to photograph things how guests would find them which makes sense. I had already told him I didn’t want him to make it look like a resort apartment. I know my mother wouldn’t approve but she lives 2,000kms away so no chance of her inspecting the joint. In the end no one has ever commented in the reviews and I get a 4.8 average so maybe not the worst thing in the world.

2 Likes

Wow, just wow! II thought everyone was going to say just move it out, that’s what we do with our bunks.

We have lube problems with sateen sheets… We tuck ours in where there is a bed frame, not when there is an ensemble with a valance.

If sliding is an option, I found that felt on the feet for hardwood floors, and carpet sliders for the beds on carpet. Makes it easier to clean too. Just slide that bed over and vacuum!

2 Likes

Have a look on Pinterest . It will give you lots of ideas

I have a similarly positioned twin and I make it up to look like a day bed. I found a beautiful white set on amazon for around $35, and it looks presentable and I don’t have to tuck the quilted comforter behind the back, it goes right up to the wall.