What do you use your listing name/title for, and how often do you change it?

@jaquo @NordlingHouse No, I don’t use qualifiers, and yes, it is truly unique for what is available here.

1 Like

Newbee. I changed my title 4 times before I found one that seems to attract more guests. It took a while to figure out my target was mostly guests less than 2 hours away travelling north to escape the heat. Duh.

When I was first tweaking it, after I put the road number in the title it made a huge difference in views. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it in the first draft because that we are on that road is a big part of my marketing. Talk about a ding dong moment. :joy:

2 Likes

I have the road number and closest exit number in my title as well. More than one guest thought they were booking another nearby-ish town or want to know how far from this or that and by giving that info they know how to get an approximation. Of course a huge portion of the population knows nothing about the interstate number system and mile markers.

1 Like

Ours plays off the name of the town we are located in and also makes it very clear that it’s a Trailer (single wide mobile home). When we first started looking into doing Airbnb I read all of the reviews for the other listing nearby and one thing that stood out was other trailers got bashed for being a trailer instead of a stick built house. We will change the title a little once the hot spring tub is finished, from “in the heart of…” to “with private hot spring”.

1 Like

Ritz3

My Airbnb is a LLC so I keep the name exactly as it appears on the paperwork.

Is that necessary? Genuinely curious because I have 2 listings and the listings are not the same as my corporation’s name. It hasn’t been a problem for taxes so far, but my taxes haven’t been professionally done, or audited. Maybe I’m doing it wrong.

I don’t know if it’s necessary but I thought it would just be easier to use the same name.

Way behind on this thread, but no, it’s not necessary or required. My LLC owns multiple properties and it’s the name on my tax info, 1099, bank accounts, credit cards, etc. My guests never see that name, unless they are writing me a check for direct bookings.

My home carries the name of the family who owned it from 1940-1977. It’s a very small town (600 ppl) and many homes are known this way.

I switch between “1912 Craftsman with fireplace” for winter and “1912 Craftsman in the heart of downtown” for summer.

I don’t change mine, more out of inertia than any grand marketing plan. However, as noted in other threads, guests read very little so the initial listing and first few lines of the description are the lure for bookings.

1 Like

We don’t change our listings’ names. We are branding our two listings under their original names.