What do you offer as kitchen amenities

I don’t and won’t have a toaster in my rental but if I did put a “Kitchenette” I would have one of these. I haven’t owned a toaster in 40 years and won’t. I have a toaster oven (as it’s called here in the US) It’s great for warming up things that get mushy in a microwave like pizza and cook small portions well.

1 Like

i want ur dog )…love the photo bomb

2 Likes

Here’s our shared kitchen

3 Likes

Nii-ce…that’s quite a “kitchenette” you got there.

3 Likes

As someone whose standard breakfast every single day is 2 pieces of vegemite toast I can’t imagine not having a toaster. It would burn if I used the oven.

Now THAT is a kitchenette!

1 Like

the pups do look hungry!

1 Like

No these toaster ovens have a toaster setting. I can set it for darker or lighter and it toasts evenly on both sides. It’s superior toast in my mind and can handle all sort of breads and bagels as well as any toaster I’ve seen. I’ve used toasters in hotels and at other people’s houses and I prefer my toaster oven for toast in addition to the other things it can do. So if one is limited with counter space and doesn’t want a full size oven with cooktop on top, this is the way to go.

3 Likes

Can we all now post pictures of our pups? :joy:

6 Likes

How could you resist?

1 Like

We have a full kitchen for guests, but I’ve recently become very leery of what equipment we provide. We had a guest last week who was attempting to warm up a styrofoam cup of noodles in the microwave. Sadly, the actual microwave was a large built in one above the stove and he was actually using the toaster oven. It didn’t end well. There is now no longer a toaster oven in the kitchen. We have no dishwasher in that kitchen due to guest complaint of two dirty dishes being in the dishwasher. The dishes were used by that guest, who apparently believed that one simply puts dirty dishes, closes the door, then reopens the door to find magically clean dishes.

I dread what some folks might do to a blender. My cats probably dread it even more.

2 Likes

Ho-lee-cow. These must be foreigners who don’t have such things in their country?

When I added onto my guest room to make an ensuite I considered whether to put a “kitchenette” under the front window or a desk. I decided on a desk. Then I added a mini fridge, microwave and kettle with instant coffee and tea later. I’ve also experimented with where to place those in the room and think I’ve settled on the set up I have now. I do think of upgrading further but then read stories like this and remember why I don’t. I just can’t charge enough to make up for the extra cleaning, wear and tear and problems if I added say, a coffee maker and toaster oven. More stains, more crumbs, more bugs for what? $5 a night. (my rental is just a small room with ensuite) There are people in my town who offer an entire house for just $15 more per night than my place and I don’t know how they do it. They must not allow one night stays and add a cleaning fee.

Pictures of pups? I’m in :slight_smile: This is Asgard a few years back in the old house

4 Likes

I agree toaster and microwave important, hand blender and cafetiere quite important. I don’t know what the health and safety regulations are in your area. In the UK there’s a thing about pat testing kettles, toasters etc every year in self contained units. I have my gas range landlord certificated every year but hate guests using it for safety reasons and don’t list my kitchen. It’s my home anyway.

1 Like

Yes, he arranged the pillows himself:

8 Likes

I keep one in a cabinet for margaritas although there is a newish hipster Mexican restaurant down the street from me helmed by James Beard award winning chef Jamie Fox that has a happy hour with top notch margaritas that I always recommend.

We offer a kitchen, described as a “fully equipped kitchen”. It has a fridge and a freezer, a stove an an oven, cutlery, basic knifes and spoons, glasses, mugs, tableware for a family of 4 (we offer 4 beds), 3 pots, 2 pans, salad and mini bowls, a strainer, lemon squeezer, a set of cutting boards, a water kettle and a Dolce gusto machine. We bought a water kettle upon a quest asking for one, and a dolce gusto in there because we bought a new one for ourselves. We’ve been renting for 10 months and I don’t think anybody has ever used an oven. I would MAYBE get a basic 10$ toaster, al though you can make grilled cheese in a pan as well. I would not consider getting a blender.

That is pretty much my setup - except I have a different coffee machine (just a regular drip coffee). I had only one inquiry about Keurig so I think most guests are ok with what I have. I added a toaster and Margaritaville blender (since I had it in the house and do not use it). I do have a hot plate so yes, @UrPet, guests that were asking for a toaster could have used that instead.
I will not be adding anything else I think.

If you can deal with mail in rebates and are in the US, Kohls is selling toasters and coffee makers for $5, and blenders for $10 this week.

1 Like

Macy’s sometimes has those killer kinds of sales. I got a nice toaster oven for $10.