What are the nicest/funniest reviews you’ve got?

If the belts on the robes are removable they can be used as ropes. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

There is always one in every crowd…lol!:joy:

Response from Albert:

"No, I actually meant ropes. And thanks again, Wendy, Darling!.

(chortle-chortle)

2 Likes

Getting the mental image now of the the terry cloth on the metal canopies. Where is Christian Grey when you need him?! :blush:

1 Like

If Christian Grey was there I think we might have had a fair bit more broken than just a glass! Today we have had quite a different story, we should have tied these people up as soon as they got here, stuff stolen, broken, etc. It feels horrid when you do so much to make it nice! But I draw the line at providing ropes! Goodness knows, they might have swung from the light fitting and caved the ceiling in! As it was they had also set fire to our kettle…I think I like the people with ropes better!

Wow! :angry::persevere::confused::confounded::scream::scream::astonished::dizzy_face:

I’d been thinking this would be a good subject and found it has already been done. It’s nice to think and remember the positive experiences rather than focusing on the negative ones. I know I tend to remember the difficult guests more than the nice ones and I am trying not to do that. We now rent out 4 rooms in our home that we live in. We’ve met so many great folks in our almost 2 years of hosting. This was one of our favorite reviews;

“Michael and Margie were absolutely wonderful hosts. We booked their spacious basement private room same-day (merely hours before our arrival!). We received nearly immediate communication and detailed information for helping us to maximize our stay. Michael even asked us for dietary restrictions so as to prepare breakfast for us in the mornings of our visit. Their basement was air-conditioned, equipped with two very comfortable beds, modern entertainment, towels, and other amenities that are typically offered in a hotel (for half the cost). We also had access to their backyard, pool, kitchen area, and a very clean bathroom. In addition to the very thorough offerings their rental featured, Michael and Margie were warm and helpful hosts. They helped us with our bags, asked about our preferred time for breakfast, and gave us a tour upon arriving. Michael seems to be quite masterful at balancing their welcoming presence while also providing space for freely moving about to their guests when needed. Breakfast was a special time - we gathered in the morning with other guests and had an opportunity to meet some other very nice, interesting people from different places. That said, I had the distinct impression that had we decided to not participate in the breakfast gathering in light of other commitments, we would not have offended our gracious hosts. In short, they were completely accommodating of our unique needs. I’ll end my review with this note - Michael and Margie seemed to quite genuinely enjoy their role as Air BnB hosts - well beyond the extra income it brings. I got the sense that the opportunity to meet and welcome people from all over the world is one that Michael and Margie really take pride in, and this makes sharing their home that much more enjoyable for their guests!”

2 Likes

I’ve had one gal stay here a couple times on business. Won’t quote the whole review, but an excerpt “I feel cared for and safe at Diane’s place.” Made my heart go awwwww.

1 Like

I think this is the longest, most effusive review I’ve gotten. The “The only reason to not stay here would be the severe disappointment you experience when it’s time to leave” is my favorite part.

When I’m having a particularly bad day, it’s fun to read old reviews and channel Sally Field “You like me…you really like me!”

Allie was so sweet and made us feel right at home! She is undoubtedly a very talented host. Were we locals, we could easily see being friends with her and just hanging out on occasion. She’s just really nice and cool. The suite she has is very private, separated from the rest of the house so you can come and go without worrying about bothering her and her styling of the suite is impeccable. With 2 bedrooms and a little living room it easily accommodated our family of 4. She welcomed us with chocolate and local wine, and had popcorn, s’mores, and some granola bars for us. She was really helpful and knowledgeable about the area and had plenty of suggestions on where to go and what to do. Her place is about 3/4 of a mile from downtown TC - easily within walking distance. We really couldn’t have asked for a better experience. We don’t take vacations every year for various reasons but may have to try to given how wonderful everything was in TC in general and at her place in particular. If you’re looking for cute, unique, warm, and inviting place to stay in TC, this is definitely the place for you - hands down. It’s SO much better than staying at a hotel. You’d be extremely hard pressed to find a better place to stay in TC for the money alone. All of the little extras that she includes which all just put it over the top! She even did our dishes for us (!!!) and made sure we had fresh towels. You should DEFINITELY book your stay with her. If you haven’t stayed with her before, you wouldn’t know what you’re missing out on. The only reason to not stay here would be the severe disappointment you experience when it’s time to leave. We can’t say enough about it. It was just great and there isn’t one thing we would have changed. We hope to return next year.

4 Likes

Our shower was a big hit - although this review borders on TMI! :blush:

“Terri and her family is very friendly. And so are her lovely cats. It’s in great location, convenient, and we absolutely love the double shower heads setting. We can chat and shower together without worrying who gets the water first. Recommend everyone who passes by Tri-city to stay there.”

3 Likes

My shower is as well. I can’t tell how long their showers are but sometimes the hot water heater runs several times in one day or for a long time.

So between the large size, high water pressure and pulsating shower head I wonder…

Hi @Allison_H,

Now I want to stay at your place too.

BTW, typo alert. It’s “storey”, not “story”.

This 2BR|1BA suite w/ lounge and breakfast bar (no full kitchen) has the entire second story to itself.

But if it was a story, it would probably be a fairy tale story. :slight_smile:

ADDENDUM: I was wrong, “story” is standard in American English. I’ve somehow missed that.

1 Like

Yikes! Really??? Where did that come from?

Oh Faheem… puhleeze. Let’s not correct our friends’ spelling… surely we have more productive comments to make?

Since it was a (potential) error in my listing, I appreciate his pointing it out!

Had it just been on my poor spelling/grammatical errors on the forum, it would’ve been less appreciated :wink:

I don’t follow. The spelling STOREY is not used in American English. It’s story whether you are referring to a narrative or a structure on a house.

Yes, storey is British English. story is apparently American English, though that didn’t properly register on me till now. Despite readingThe Four Story Mistake as a child.

I thought I covered this above - I’m not sure what is unclear.

Did she use the word storey or story?

My listing says “has the entire second story to itself”. Faheem pointed out, based on his understanding of the Queen’s (oops!) English, that it was misspelled.

Language has different shades of gray/grey and color/colour depending on where you learned it or where someone “learned 'ya”. :wink:

1 Like

So you were correct… and therefore did not need correcting, assuming you are in the US