What a bunch of clods!

Lol. Very good idea @fathem!

So, yesterday I picked up my guests (4 single women in their 30’s for 4 days) to my surprise, and on the way to the island they said they will be wearing no clothes during their stay. Really? I impressed upon them if they need anything that I need to bring out during their stay, PLEASE do not hesitate to ask me. I hope one of them forgot something, anything. I think bringing out even a toothbrush to some island 6 miles away in the middle of nowhere is a noble cause. :grin:

6 Likes

How interesting that they would volunteer that information. Maybe you could run a spatula out to them. In case they sit on the table.

(eek!)…where’s that delete button.

1 Like

Late to the party as usual as in the Downunder time zone. But yes, it’s funny and in Oz we use clods too!

1 Like

Yes, I used it more when I lived in the north east.

I’m thinking you have the makings of a reality show here. Seriously!

Very nice sauce from yorkshire,

1 Like

Haha. I know. I think people hear ‘private island’ and their imagination goes wild. This comes up at least 50% of the time. Perhaps it is the freedom and unique opportunity, but most guests do ask me to text before landing at the island.

These ‘girls’ are all young. I guess they all want to do something ‘wild’. Tell you what, I will go to the island tomorrow and interview them and ask them what they are really thinking. If I get to be that lucky. LoL

3 Likes

Well I’m not young, and if I was paying for a private island it’d be a naked swim party for sure, lol!

2 Likes

Xtly. I am no psychologist nor have played one on TV, perhaps clothes to many people subconsciously feel like being in a ‘straight jacket’ and the minute ‘they can get away with it’, they go naked. :thinking:

1 Like

You think most of your guests might be nudists?? Even though I know naked butts can be touching my couch upholsterly…I just try not to imagine it…

Hahaha. Who knows. It is an island, there are no couches and upholstered furniture; nonetheless my Monk-like, super clean-freak cleaning lady goes over every inch with a powerful disinfectant (i.e. raw-iron chairs, etc and of course the picnic table just in case!).

1 Like

You could probably win the “strangest request” award.

Well it has a lot of things already there; outside shower, swinging hammocks of every type and such assorted ‘furnishings’. Who knows how they make use of such things or what added things they bring. :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

I’m American. I know the term “clod” as in dirt clod, which is as what the term says, a clump of dirt. I heard it all the time as a kid. “Oh what a clod!”

I remember we used to use the word ‘clod hopper’ a lot when I was a kid.

@cabinhost Nor Their thing.

The text got screwed up. Like you, I can’t imagine being nude with friends either. Guess that is their thing.

1 Like

This naked quartet reminds me of a time I went to visit a summer camp near Durango CO. A friend was a camp counselor and on their night off a group of co-ed counselors would go to a location on the property with a home made sweat lodge and a nearby stream fed pond. The deal was they would drink beer and build a big fire with the rocks to heat the sweat lodge, then leave the lodge and plunge into the pond (Algae orgy!) then back to the sweat lodge, back to the pond then to stand around the bonfire stark naked and dry off. The parts in the semi darkness of the lodge and pond weren’t so bad but I had a hard time with the standing around the fire nude part. Especially in a mixed gender group. Although it was tough for me to endure at the time, it was quite a memorable experience and helped shake me out of some of my prudish upbringing. I think a good number of people are fine with hanging out nude, it’s just not advertised.

2 Likes

Check out Cabin’s posts on My Guest is in Jail!

1 Like

“hanging out”…(snigger-snigger)

LOL. I was early 20s at the time. I was surprised the male members of the group (pun intended) were rather lethargic. I expected them to be more attentive. This was a weekly thing for them, it was only amazing to me.

1 Like