What a bunch of clods!

So when I was married to the mob …oops!

Lets play AirHostsForum Scrabble!

5 Likes

Good one @Geddy3. I finally got it, but took a bit.

1 Like

still dont get it, its hopeless

1 Like

I think that you may be looking for something deeper than my slightly juvenile sense of humour has provided. I was just drawing attention to the fact that a funny word had been accidentally spelled out. Did you see the screen grab I attached? Anyway, the moment has passed now… Let’s move on. :smile:

1 Like

Thas ded reight theer an wi prahd on it anorl. :wink:

1 Like

We could always hijack the NYC Paparazzi thread - it only has one letter “H”! He joined 3 hrs ago to advertise something to us so I don’t feel too too badly about suggesting this :wink: Ok who’s got a vowel?

1 Like

Haha…look up at Suiteretreat’s post with the visual arrow. It spells out CLODS

i dont get the humor in it, even a bit.I dont even know what everyone is talking about. What does F has to do with anything. Good night everyone, tomorrow may be it will better for me:)

1 Like

Let us hope Yana logged off to go and watch ‘Comedy Central’.

thanks for explaining. And how is possible to understand if i never read that post @Mearns?
Ok, now i am logging off. It was a long day…

Fun riddle. …

Dammit, I saw it right away (what a clod I must be…)

2 Likes

(Yana: ‘still don’t get it, its hopeless’)

Don’t fret, it went wa-ay over my head also…and for quite a while until it was explained…with a directional arrow, no less.

I thought Geddy was referring to the random assortment of topics. (I don’t think anyone would want me on their puzzle-solving team.)

My family is American and uses clodhopper.

1 Like

Hi @Yana,

The word clod, in addition to other meanings, has the meaning of “stupid person” in English; one of many words with that meaning, of course. I think that would be considered slang usage. The word “clod” itself is quite old. The online OED vaguely says:

Late Middle English: variant of clot.

I don’t know how old this slang usage is, but at least a century, I imagine.

See what I found — and who’s also there :wink:

3 Likes

What’s this? I didn’t get it.

Good one indeed. If we had symbols, then imagine: S E X > (Bird Island).

3 Likes

That could be your new Island motto!