Welcome to AirHostsForum.com

Took two seconds on Google:

How to close your Airbnb account

1. Go to Airbnb.com.
  2. Click Sign In and log into your account.
  3. Click your profile picture.
  4. Click Account Settings, then Settings, then Deactivate My Account.
  5. Choose a reason for leaving (details optional), and decide if you want Airbnb to follow up or not.
  6. Click Deactivate My Account.

My money is on Airbnb closed his account without his consent.

Ah, I think youā€™re right. :slight_smile:

Hello,

I donā€™t need help closing my Airbnb account. Here is my problem, which I would like to post on airhostsforum:

I am an Experiences host for nearly 2 years with hundreds of bookings and nearly 300 reviews. However, today I was surprised to see that my account got locked due to security reasons. All of my upcoming reservations have been canceled, and I was not paid by Airbnb for my Experiences that happened today (value 1000 USD approximately)

The explanation from Airbnb regarding the closure of my account is absolutely ridiculous:

ā€œYour account was removed because we determined that reservation TAT95QQN is associated with fraudulent activity.ā€

The funny thing is that I am not even able to find reservation TAT95QQN, this is not even a booking of mine.

Over the past months I am getting a huge amount of messages from potential ā€œcustomersā€ who ask to communicate outside Airbnb. I report them as these are scammers. I am also getting scam bookings. I receive an email of a new booking, seconds later it gets canceled. Some time later I get an email that that booking was involved with a fraudulent payment. So Airbnb has a lot of issues with fraud.

But now I am falsely accused of being involved in one of these fraudulent payments, and it is truly insane. I am not getting the right support from Airbnb, as their emails seem to be standard responses. I am a victim of Airbnbā€™s incorrect judgment here, most probably done by an automated program. This mistake from Airbnb is costing me a huge amount of money, all of my future bookings got canceled with a value of 30000 USD. This is a big part of my business, and Airbnb is causing the downfall of that.

What can I do? I have already done the following:

• Responded to the Airbnb Trust team

• Contacted Airbnb help on Twitter, no help. They just said I need to wait

• Filed a complaint on the Airbnb website P2B

I am devastated by this. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

How can I make a post on the forum? I am desparately in need for some advice of other hosts. :pray:t3:

Exactly this, thank you. How am I able to make a new post?

Thanks, Iā€™m very glad to see this forum. Weā€™ve been hosting guests in our home in Brooklyn NY for many years, but only recently began using AirBnB. So far so good.

I have a question to post but donā€™t see how to do that so Iā€™ll put it here: anyone have experience with registering their STR in NYC? The new law requires registration unless you have a minimum 30 day stay. Weā€™ve been doing 30+, but are interested in opening up for shorter stays; but Iā€™m apprehensive about getting involved with the city bureaucracy if I can help it. Thanks for any experience anyone can share.

Not sure if there is a way around NYC regulations as I am not familiar with it, but for other cities with similar restrictions, Iā€™ve seen hosts open their calendar for 30+ days for visibility, and then try to lead guests to book offsite for shorter stays.

You should be able to create a new post now. Due to spamming and trolling we have limits on posts by new users. Youā€™ve been temporarily approved to make a new post by admin.

Hi, I am Marcus. New to this Airbnb forum. I hope it will help me to share and learn new things from fellow enthusiasts.