Welcome to AirHostsForum.com

Hey, I’m new here and looking forwards to meeting some other hosts!

I must be blind - I can’t find the button to make a new post

Hi everyone! My name is Peyton and I am new to the AirBnB scene. I wanted to join to meet other people involved in the business. I currently don’t own any properties but would like to in the future. My current goal is to become a manager for a few hosts to get a feel for what it’s like. If anybody is looking for some extra help with their properties, I would be more than happy to talk with you. Please feel free to message me!

Hi there I am very new to using my home as an Airbnb. I live in WA State and bought a home that I use now as an Airbnb in Columbia, SC. I traveled down this summer after buying the house to see what it actually looked like and spoke with the neighbor which was actually a cleaner for the house that was used as an Airbnb. Sounded like a lucrative way of renting out my house. The company she worked for of course is who I had just take my house under their controll with getting it up and running, ie: buying all the furniture and painting, and then listing my house on Airbnb. My question is am I able to list my house on other sites like places that advertise for semi long term occupants like traveling workers for construction or nursing etc? or does Airbnb advertise my house on every possible site, As this is my first experience with a short term rental I don’t know what I am allowed to do, not to do, so I’m not doing anything and I don’t know if this is what I am supposed to be doing, or if I should be seeking out ways to have my home occupied 95% of the time in a year. I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone could give me, also was wondering if there is a way that I can look up and find out what the occupancy percentage is on my home and its statistics, Are there advisors that I should be using to guide me along and point me in the direction I should be going? If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Also I wasn’t sure how to even post this post to this page, so I hope it makes it in the right spot. Sorry if it isn’t. That is another thing, I’m not the best at navigating on my computer.
Thank you,
Scott

Hello.
Very interesting and great tips on this forum.
I’m a newborn not active yet.
Can anyone recommend a simple software for 1 to 3 listings?
I’ve been reading and reading but would like to jest suggestions.
Is it necessary to have a web site for 1 to 3 rooms?

Hi everybody,
I am a new user. Is there anyone to tell me how to post a new topic?
Thanks in advance!
Greetings,
Mine

New users can’t post a new topic. This is to prevent spamming. The Discourse software has built in features that encourage people to participate in the community first by reading, liking the posts of others, commenting and so on.

1 Like

Hey, I’m new here and looking forwards to meeting some other hosts!

I had the same question. Makes sense - but you should probably indicate as such to new users…

1 Like

I’m fairly certain that the software pops up messages that tell new users things like this and also provides links to other guidelines about the site. I’m on my computer most the time and this appears on the left side of my screen but not sure where new users see it since it’s been many years since I was a new user.

Maybe if I have time later today I’ll do some investigating to confirm.

How do I post? How do I post? How do I post? How do I post? How do I post?

New users aren’t allowed to post because half the time they spam the forum. What is your issue?

I’m looking for advice. Sorry it looks like spamming but I just need some wisdom on an issue i’m dealing with.

I don’t mean to hijack but I can’t figure out how to create my own post with this UI.

My landlord who is gone for months converted the basement in the home I rent into an AirBnb.

It’s just me renting this home now, landlord isn’t here, and the first airbnb guests have arrived and it’s sketchy as hell. The guests have “friends” over that wasn’t a normal guest that is nodding off from opioids and chain smoking in the front yard. They have been sleeping here as well. They are smoking weed in their room and stinking up the place. They are continuing to leave their dirty dishes everywhere and just generally creep me out. Excuse my french but this is fucking weird and I don’t feel great or even safe living here now. I know it is his house but do I have legal discourse here? Or am I just out of luck and should move asap? Thank you.

I can’t figure out how to create a New post. HELP!
Regards,
Joy

Well, I searched for my topic and didn’t see anything come up as previously discussed. So I figured I would ask.
I just purchased a Castle with the hopes and dreams of turning it into an Airbnb. While we are restoring the interior and decorating and such we decided to have a go at putting it on Airbnb as an “Experience” and host perhaps Larping or SCA Events. However - our septic tank cannot accommodate large numbers of guests - so I am trying to figure out if it is preferred to install a lovely Outhouse or a luxury Porta-Potty. Do people have a preference?
And, to complicate my potty issues - the Tower is 6 stories tall, each with a private Bedroom - but NO bathrooms. Obviously not convenient to trudge down the narrow spiral staircase during the night. So along the same potty lines…thoughts on a Composting Toilet for the rooms?
So - mostly very odd concerns that don’t have any ideal solutions. Just seeking opinions to choose the best option.
Regards,
Joy Hardie
Helmer Castle

1 Like

Hi there! Brand new user who has been reading the forums like crazy for the last week. We’re trying to figure out if/how we can buy a home in NH, use it for vacations, and do STR the rest of the year. Looking forward to participating and learning!

1 Like

Hi please give me access to post a new topic? Why I am unable to post something in this forum please help.

please tell me how to make a new post. I have a unique situation and would love input asap.
Thanks so much

The software settings are such that a new member has to read and participate first. This prevents spam and helps reduce the number of times established members have to read the same questions and complaints over and over in a relatively short time span. Since you say you have a unique situation I’ve changed your settings so you should now see the option to create a “new topic.” It’s a grey button on the upper right side of your screen.

1 Like

I want to post a new topic as I need urgent advice on the closure of my Airbnb host account. :frowning: