Want to tell Brian Chesky what you want? Today he’s asking

On Twitter today; Brian Chesky is asking your opinion

Jump in

Launch? How about he actually hire qualified customer service staff. He needs to clean up the s**t in his yard before he landscapes.

4 Likes

Then that’s what he needs to hear. Tell him sista!

1 Like

I’m not opening a Twitter account to tell him that. If he cared about his abysmal customer service, which he obviously doesn’t, he would have dealt with it long ago.

1 Like

What’s his actual twitter address? There are lots of Brian Cheskys? I’ll gladly respond

There are actually some good ideas in the thread but, as an in-home host, I often feel neglected. Evidently no one else agreess since I didn’t get any reactions in 8 hours. Sigh.

4 Likes

With Twitter the earliest submissions get the most reaction. I’ve had 1k likes on a comment (not Airbnb, other threads) simply because it was one of the first 5 comments. People aren’t going to read 3k + comments to get to yours.

Emphasizing shared space during a global pandemic sounds like a complete “no go” to me. Maybe in another year or two.

It’s same as in the pic. When you search it, it will appear with a verified check

Another Twitter survey (not Airbnb) said they were to mine the responses for common words & themes.

I’m hoping the Airbnb tech minions do that.

Edit: here’s what happened when Chesky asked for feedback on Twitter in 2017

1 Like

Like @KKC said, probably no one read the thread that far

Edit: there is a newer thread started by Chesky for input. Maybe post there? There’s less than 300 posts on day 2, but growing fast.

I was responding specifically to Terry’s lament about no one liking her comment. In terms of what Brian does with the info, meh. It’s a very self-selected elite group of people on twitter. If he really wanted a survey of hosts he’d pay professionals to do a random sample of Airbnb hosts. Anyone can respond on twitter but I’d bet that only a fraction of hosts have twitter accounts.

I think our responses crossed timewise.

1 Like

I think this was probably my 4th or 5th tweet ever! I don’t really expect a return to the “old days” and certainly not during a pandemic (I’m not open for a revolving door of visitors yet). Just wanted to throw a note out there to remind people of the roots.

2 Likes

I can see why the platform moved away from home hosts.
If I was a share home host, I would not have instant book turned on as I would want to get to know who might be sharing my space.
I like my privacy when I travel.
I did one home share in the UK and I was walking on eggshells. The host had basically moved out of her bedroom…no where for us to put our stuff, strict instructions on shower use and wiping out the shower and a complaint after we left about putting a ding in her upstairs staircase wall from our luggage that we didn’t take upstairs - because there was no where to put it. First and last time, only entire places after that.
Airbnb chase the dollar and there is only small returns from share places.
Bigger financial return for Airbnb on bigger priced bookings

1 Like

So based on one home-share experience, you would assume that all home-shares are problematic in some way?

The thing is, that Airbnb still rides on the coat tails of home-share listings in their rhetoric about living like a local, a sharing economy, blah, blah. Yet focuses on everything but home-shares and shows no care or understanding for home-share hosts, evident in policies like trying to force the use of IB by having it be the primary factor in search ranking.

@Terryathome I’m glad you tweeted that to Brian. Not that I think he cares. These dot com billionaires are really good at divorcing themselves from their roots unless they can use the story of their humble beginnings to bolster their PR. Which Chesky does ad nauseum.

4 Likes

No, I am sure there are some fabulous home share hosts out there!
This was my very first Airbnb, and these issues put me off the home share experience. It has been entire places ever since.

Follow up. Chesky shared this….

Crypto payments? Really? Wow.

1 Like

There was probably some kind of online blitz wherein all these crytocurrency advocates bombed his Twitter. Like the time I posted a response to an Airbnb PR BS post on the CC about them “hearing” hosts re unfair reviews and all the great ways they were promising to change things (this was years ago and not one of those promises has come to fruition).

A host in NZ posted in his Facebook group to thumbs up my post and within a few hours my post went from about 20 thumbs up to over 2000. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I was a landlord for 12 years. I don’t like long term folks upstairs & appreciate the variety. Not part of Chesky’s new model.

1 Like