Want to tell Brian Chesky what you want? Today he’s asking

Although the sample size is much smaller than pre-pandemic, I’m missing my favorite kind of guest: the road tripper who arrives late and checks out early. I’m only taking one night bookings but almost every guest arrives at 3 or asks about checking in early. And I had to change my check out time to 10 because everyone was leaving at 11.

No way I want anyone hanging around all day at my house either. Even though we are separated and I don’t guarantee quiet, I feel on edge until they leave.

I can’t imagine Chesky staying in any shared spaces. Imagine all those hosts wanting to talk to you during your stay? LOL.

6 Likes

I wonder how he would feel about staying at a place he needs to clean before he checks in.

3 Likes

LOL. It doesn’t hurt to dream.

2 Likes

Going back to shared AirBnB accommodations…. Some of my best stays have been this type. There’s a lovely host we stay with for a night or two every time we visit England. She’s become a friend we look forward to seeing. My husband’s good friend from boarding school was widowed over a year ago. He’s relocating to the area of England where she lives, and hubby and I were agreeing we should introduce the two of them as we think they might enjoy each other’s company.

When I’m traveling by myself, I often look for shared accommodations, both for budget reasons and for security—I search out homes with female hosts. This doesn’t always work well however. I have had shared accommodations hosts who I never even met. That feels uncomfortable, because I feel like I’m trespassing. Even though I’m a bit of an introvert by nature, I like to meet my hosts.

But most of my shared accommodations bookings have been wonderful.

3 Likes

Customer service :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: made it right on the bottom…. That’s great.