Wall art decisions? Please show me what you got! Extremely forgettable or avant garde?

Awesome! Thank you…

Well I know where I am staying when I pass through Chicago next!

2 Likes

Lately I’ve been spending a lot on art
Haha, and I do not know - should I rejoice or cry!?

3 Likes

I would be a poor advisor in this regard. Our home has Victorian wallpaper in nearly every room which does not lend itself well to displaying art other than real Victorian pieces. I have two professional photographers and only two of their art pieces are on display in our homeshare. The rest is beyond eclectic - a Thai tapestry, sketch done by a family member, photos by a local nature artist, an old print found behind a mirror in our historic home, lots of mirrors instead of pictures, a couple of inexpensive large flower prints, prints of New Orleans (we don’t live there), and some historic family photos in the common hall. Needless to say our artwork is never mentioned in our reviews, lol.

Oh my dear, you must keep up with the times :laughing:

Tons of wall art on top of busy wallpaper is all the rage now- it’s the latest home decor trend.

2 Likes

During the pandemic, we have been buying original wall art mostly from artist friends. It’s important to us to help keep them afloat, especially for pieces we love.

2 Likes

Great - I’m ahead of my time!

Here’s a few pieces we bought this year at auction at The Lion and Unicorn. These three pieces cost less than $500 total. The first [The Glance, The Gaze] was just $50 but we spent a lot to reframe.

1 Like