Views fallen off a cliff

I have zero views since the 25th but I like it! My listing got bumped up on the page by about 20-30. I’ve been working like crazy trying to improve my page position. I guess total daily views is what sets my competitors ahead of me mostly. I’m hanging around 8-10 and got bookings the last few days.

Page position makes a difference! I don’t know how to improve that once they fix this glitch, though.

1 Like

I bought this book-- Optimize your Airbnb-- and it had some good ideas and points I had not tried. So I decided to try a few things to see if it would boost my listing placement. Changes like accepting pets and turning on instant book for reviewed guests made a small improvement. But the biggest change seems to be when I lower my prices. I didn’t turn on smart pricing but I did accept the smart pricing for a few days even though it was really low. I then raised my cleaning fee to compensate so I was at least getting a decent rate if someone reserves 1 night. This seems to have helped more than anything. But when they fix this views problem I’m sure I’ll be bumped back lower. Not sure what I can do about that. Maybe I need to start a blog or advertise on Facebook…

1 Like

I’ve also had zero views since the 25th, and zero bookings too. I used to average 1 booking a week or so. I know my new host bonus has expired, plus I raised my prices, which probably made it a lot more difficult to get guests. I’m already good for December, but still making losses for Oct and Nov, so really hope the next few reviews will help push up my position in the pages.

1 Like

I’m sure this must be a glitch with AirBnB - I’ve looked at my page from other people’s accounts and I’ve had a couple of bookings but I’m still showing no views at all for the last 11 days. Also my “no views” days started on 25th September as with other contributors.

1 Like

We’re still at zero but got a booking last night so it’s definitely a glitch. I’m surprised they haven’t fixed it by now. It’s been over a week.

Same here. Still zero views since the 25th but got a booking yesterday.

1 Like

Maybe they aren’t going to fix it. Maybe they are changing or replacing it.

1 Like

My thought also, but the other booking sites I am on all offer a hit count.

There was something else in the past that Airbnb disabled while they changed it but I can’t recall what it was. This may be a glitch but it’s a minor one if so.

That would probably be a reasonable option as the stats mean nothing at all. Has anyone actually found them to be of any use at all? I haven’t.

If I get a spike, I usually get a booking. The other thing it tells me is that my 4 listings are being ‘seen’ and I haven’t been dropped in that invisible black hole that some hosts have found themselves in with no views and no bookings.

2 Likes

Nope, no use for it.

1 Like

Anyone else see that the graph is gone too? It was there yesterday for me and I had 501 views in 30 days but today I have no graph and 235 in 30 days.

Stats are not their strong point, it appears … So they just gave up?

And it working again!

4 Likes

And now it’s not working and no bookings for the last 3 days

99% of my friends bookings come from BDC now. This started in early October and continues on. It was the opposite before that date.
I closed my property yesterday due to cold wave and lack of demand…

Yes, again NO views at all during already 5 days. Sigh !

I think you’ll find that you have had “views”, it’s just the fact that they aren’t being displayed. The back end for Airbnb is pretty buggy and I reckon that also extends to the server side as well.

We’ve had no “views” but still had two last minute bookings, one for this week and another for next.

This seems to happen on a regular basis, quite embarrassing really given the in depth stats available on other platforms.

JF