Views fallen off a cliff

Is anyone having issues with the Airbnb site this week? I keep an eye on my views, when I have a spike, i usually get a booking. Last 5 days, nil views. I have done the private search and my houses are all there. So is it just me or the glitchy Airbnb site?

3 Likes

My views have also fallen off sharply, . but I thought that was because I raised my prices?

I donā€™t know because I hardly ever look at the Airbnb stats - the reason being that they are rarely accurate.

In the past, weā€™ve had booking on days that have had, according to the ā€˜statsā€™, zero views. How would that work? Even if the stats were accurate, they only reflect the number of hits, not the number of real prospects.

2 Likes

I have zero views for the last five days as well. Strange. Maybe they just havenā€™t updated numbers for those days yet? Zero seems pretty unlikely.

1 Like

I also have zero views showing. So it must be a glitch. Iā€™m currently mostly booked for the next month. I just opened up tonight but other than that I wouldnā€™t be getting any bookings anyway so I canā€™t draw any conclusions.

1 Like

we too have no views recorded for the last five days - must be a glitch - or else the anti-AirBnB Illuminati have taken controlā€¦

Mine went from steady 20-25/day on 25th September to 0 every day since. But I had a booking on Friday 28th. Is just failing to update I suspect.

Weā€™ve had the same thing lately.

Same. No views and no bookings after mid October. However, itā€™s a beginning of end of season here in Southern Europe so itā€™s normal.

Both my rooms are showing lots of views for the month. Here in Perth, Australia, the season is just kicking in.

@Debthecat Hi Deb, I had the same experience; in the last few days I have had ā€œzeroā€ views which is very unusual for my properties. Interestingly, it didnā€™t happen to one of my properties but to both of them for the past 5 days or so. I called Airbnb and was given some BS explanation about low season (??). Iā€™d love to hear from other hosts who experienced a sudden drop in viewsā€¦

I have 4 properties, nil views for a week now and matching nil bookings.
Yet I got an email encouraging me to install their ridiculous price tips for October. Strange that the property is completely booked until the end of January and has been for months. I am now calling BS on the emails! If the algorithms were real it would see that this property is unavailable.
The other email is the - demand is up by 97% for these dates - always 97% never ever another number. Is 97 an attractive number? The dates are blocked because they are sold elsewhere!

@Debthecat, this is very strange; itā€™s clear that multiple hosts are facing a similar situation during the last 5 days and it canā€™t be a coincidence. Iā€™m wondering if anyone has been able to get a straight answer from Airbnb about this matter.

@KKC, while you are booked for the next month, arenā€™t you still open for the next couple of months, and if so, in your experience, does it seem normal to have had no hits for several days in a row?

Same here: 3 listings, zero views for 5 days

@MissMiami I get many last minute bookings and so I canā€™t determine anything from the current relative quiet.

Iā€™m in the same boat - no views since Sept 25 and only one stay for October that was booked in September from another platform. In past years I have been booked every weekend for the month. The Autumn colours typically bring in lots of tourist. All Iā€™m getting are crickets and theyā€™re damn noisy!

This is also being lamented on the Airbnb community pages. Airbnb of course monitors these pages and it sucks that they donā€™t acknowlege the problem but itā€™s what we expect from them.

1 Like

Situation continues with zero views according to statistics, we did receive a booking, so not all hope is lost :sweat_smile:.

Weā€™ve been at zero for ten days but we got an inquiry a couple days ago. I guess I just wonā€™t bother to look at our views for a while.

Iā€™m at zero views. Iā€™m mostly booked already until xmas but I have most Saturdays available. Yesterday I opened this Saturday and was booked within a few hours so all is well.

1 Like