VacationHosting Officially Launches In Beta. Check Your Email

Kona:

Thanks. We have our own sign up and authentication system on the site, apart from the third-party sign up. Third-party sign up is just an option. We have it so that hosts can be able to screen guests through their Social Media friends and affiliates, if they want to.

But we can disable them for now, if they are causing any problem.

Have you been able to sign up? Please let me know, if you want me to resend your invite.

Thank you.

@konacoconutz
@WyeView

We have disabled the third-party authentication for now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

hey, can you resend mine please,

@cassid:

Please send me your registered email address through the forum PM and we will resend it.

Thank you

1 Like

@Johnny

I havenā€™t looked at your site, as I donā€™t want to have to sign in through my social media in order to find out what you do.

I hope your launch goes well.

However, you really should have user tested the website, before inviting a group of hosts to sign up. First impressions ā€¦and all that.

Not the best of moves, with influencers in your target market.

Currency handling definitely not working:

Not sure where these values are coming from either.

@Helsi:

Thank you for your concern. Social Media Sign up is an option we provided and it was not mandatory. We have email sign up too all along. We created the Social Media Sign up because some hosts requested it. But we have disabled it now. So, if you like to sign up, you can do so.

We have tested the siteā€™s functionality, before we went into Private Beta and there is no problem with the site itself. Everything is working as it supposed to as far as creating listings and uploading pictures and other functionality and processes are concerned.

But what we are doing is part of Private Beta which every platform goes through, which needs transparency as we donā€™t want to hide anything from potential users. They are part of the people that will use the site eventually when we start operating and their input is needed. We want to give users what they want and what they need and we donā€™t want to dictate to users or force anythIng down their throat. We want everyone to feel comfortable and to be part of it. This is a community.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you

I think that Helsi is right; youā€™ve gone to your target market too early with your beta.
It is riddled with bugs, both in the core listing functionality (e.g. 101% of image uploaded, repeatedly drops session, multiple select actions fail) and the cleverer bits that you recognise are not complete (e.g. the Airbnb import is failing badly with location data and the listingā€™s field mapping.)
I would be happy to document bugs on a paid basis, but I fear that most of this community would look on your beta as a demonstration of what your solution can do, and you are weakening your brand with what we are seeing at the moment.

2 Likes

@WyeView: That is the way it supposed to be. The dollar is the siteā€™s currency. Itā€™s the currency that you selected during the creation of the property, because that is the currency in which you will be paid and will be paid into your accout from our account and the amount will convert into any currency you want to be paid in.

If you look up just above on your red pointer, you will see that it shows Pound Sign in Gross Amount. So, in your Calendar, it will show the dollar sign, but in your account, dashboard, transactions, calculations, property view, checkout, conversion and everywhere else, it will show the currency (Pound Sign) you selected up in the navigation bar.

Every currency will convert from the US dollars to that currency you selected.

We are going to add more currencies that you can select from when creating a listing very soon, by the time we launch. But right now every currency will convert from the dollar. We added very many currencies you can convert to in the drop down menu on the navigation bar. More than what Airbnb has on their website.

Let me know, if you have any more questions.

Thanks.

The currency is not a bug just like I explained to you in my response to your post. Please read it. We have tested and retested the site many times from creation of property to all transactions, Check in and Checkout, everything works fine. We test everyday.

Furthermore, Airbnb import functionality is not a bug either. Airbnb blocks imports from other sites all the time. It is expected. Itā€™s just an option. The creation system for properties is on the site which Users can use anytime. Thatā€™s what Airbnb provided on their site too. Airbnb import is just an Add on.

Everything else on the site works like it should. The hover that you pointed out the other time is something minor. Thatā€™s a CSS issue and it will be fixed on Monday when we get back to the office

Weā€™re in private beta. Thatā€™s what beta is all about.

Thanks.

@cassid:

We found your email address and we have just sent you a new Invitation Code. Please check your email (Inbox and Spam box). You can copy it and paste it into the Verification Code box on the front page. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you

The email log in optional was there, just a wee bit too small for me to notice.

@konacoconutz:

Thanks. Glad you found it. We will try to make the fonts bigger.

@cassid

I apologize. That was my fault. There was a user email just below yours that I activated and sent an invitation code to which I thought was yours. I just found that out. However, Iā€™ve just sent you your own code. Please check.

Thanks

@WyeView:

I just checked what you called incorrect mapping with what you uploaded on the site. You entered ā€œb, Kodiak Island, Texas, United Statesā€ in the address field when you know that ā€œbā€ is not an actual address. See screenshot below. How do you want the system to find your address with ā€œbā€? You need to enter a correct address for the system to recognize what you typed and map you accordingly.

Thank you.

Should you really be posting screen shots of a listingā€™s personal information on a wide open forum? Perhaps tech support should be done by a more private channel.

I have to say @Johnny, you may have a great idea but I am not impressed by your level of professionalism as witnessed via this thread.

2 Likes

@anon67190644:

He uploaded a test property and not an actual property. See the title of the property above. ā€œTesting 123ā€ is not an actual property. He created a test property. I would not screenshot an actual property or actual address. I just donā€™t want him to confuse users.

I think that you underestimate me. The ā€œKodiak Islandā€ etc address is exactly as imported by your system from our Airbnb listing - which is in the UK! I merely replaced the only part of the address that it had got right with ā€œbā€ to anonymise it, since there doesnā€™t seem to be any way of deleting the property once importedā€¦

And by ā€œmappingā€ I am not referring to the location information, I mean database field mapping - your software brought across data from Airbnb into the wrong fields, and also failed to strip HMTL from the descriptions etc.
Thank you !

No, I imported a real property. I simply changed the property name and first line of the address, the Airbnb import screwed the rest up for me - not even on the right continent!

I didnā€™t have the opportunity to select a currency when importing the property. The $50 was created by your import, none of my dates are priced as low as Ā£50, 50EUR or indeed 50$.

To be blunt, I would not use a system where I am being paid in a foreign currency ($), and somebody else is determining exchange rates & transaction timing.