Using someone else's location

Continuing the discussion from Map doesn't work:

Hi searching for a thread on map issues - I have a related issue - basically someone else (another host) has used my land’s location - I have a biggish plot in a prime location where I run an AirBnb - my own location pin gets ‘shoved’ off on the AirBnb search/locator map and the other host takes ‘my’ place. The other host I have worked out is about 700m away in another village and their location is down a steep hill from my property. Asked AirBnb to fix my location and kindly ask the other host to correct their location…AirBnB refuse to entertain asking the other host to correct what might reasonably be termed a misrepresentation. Any one had a similar issue and how did it get resolved?

Have you tried contacting the host directly and asking them to amend @MikeM1982

1 Like

Go into Google’s location finder and get YOUR exact lat/long (you can search how to do that) and then contact CS again and tell them to put that information in your listing. Then contact the other host (and possibly find his lat/long as well if you’re feeling generous) and give them theirs and say that people cant find the correct locations for either of your listings and this solves the issue.

Years ago, ABB had hosts double check the google pin. Good luck.

1 Like

I’d contact the host and ask them to move their pin. You may have to explain to them how to do it:

Go to the listing settings in the app, it must be the app for this, and go to location settings. Click on the map and that will take you to a screen where you can move the pin to a more appropriate location.

2 Likes

You can move the pin now, on your own, on the app.

1 Like

Thanks I will give that a go.

1 Like