Map doesn't work

I am still trying to list my place and the map isn’t right. I spoke to someone on chat 3 days ago and she said they would fix it and get back to me. Then I heard from someone named Jean who told me to list it, take it down, and relist it.

The map still doesn’t work. The location on the map is not where I live… Should I just list it and when (if) anyone wants to rent my place, I’ll just give them directions. Part of me feels this is an omen and maybe I shouldn’t even do this…?

Is the map off by a few hundred yards? Or a few miles?

Well, it’s not that far, but it shows taking a wrong turn.

Publish your listing and you can alter the address & map pin upto the point you get your 1st booking. If you get a booking before you alter it, contact customer service with the GPS coordinates and they will put it right.

1 Like

not many people will use the airbnb map to navigate, as long as they know they’re booking in the right area

1 Like

you can work around it by stating in the listing that the location as shown is not exact (due to airbnb error), and then provide detailed instructions in your check-in manual? Unless the error creates a very misleading advantage or disadvantage, i wouldn’t be too bothered. For example, my listing is right to a train station and it can both be a major selling point / major turn off depending on what are your priorities. So its material to the guest and I make sure to make that clear in my listing.

1 Like