[Updated JAN 2024] Tried and Recommended Products for Airbnb Hosts

BarKeepers friend gets those pesky water spots off. It’s a fine scouring powder that doesn’t scratch glass. Works great on the fixtures, too (unless they are plastic)

2 Likes

Yes, it’s good stuff. Made from oxalic acid, the compound in spinach and rhubarb that gives those foods that acerbic edge.

A good way of preventing most of that buildup is to clean the glass really well (like VERY, using professional products and a clay bar, then glass cleaner), and then 2 coats with 24 hours between of Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Coating. t.ly/XDGr
Water beads like crazy and just runs off, leaving it much cleaner and limiting your current maintenance issues.

Just a note in regard to the strongman magnets - they are VERY strong. We use them for hanging face mask, keys, cleaning tools, etc. Took a half dozen on cruise where the walls are metal to increase hanging capacity.

3 Likes

wow, didn’t know that they’re that strong :astonished:

Hello, this is unrelated - - I do not see how to start a new conversation thread- PLEASE HELP

you need to contribute to a few threads before you can post a new thread. Have you searched the current threads? there isn’t much that haven’t been covered previously…

1 Like

Hi Tom, I’ve tried to email you at tom at airhostsforum address, but the email bounced.

What is the best email to reach you at?

Vic

Just send him a private message on this forum. No need to email anyone here.

Normally l would send a PM, but I don’t see that option. It could be because I am new to the forum. Where is the PM link? Thanks.
-Vic

Yes, that’s correct. I’ll tag the forum owner. That should notify him of this post.

@Tom2 can you help this member contact you?

1 Like

Nice, this is really very helpful. will definitely look into these items posted.

Adding on (love this product!)
: Cold Iron Wrinkle Release Spray for Clothes. 32 fl oz. Unscented/Fragrance Free. Plant Based Ironing Alternative. Fast, Easy to Use. Spray, Smooth, Hang. Award Winning Formula to Save You Time
Brand: Cold Iron https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MLEOMMA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a one piece toilet (Elger) and the only bidet attachment that fir was the omigo. I love it, but it s for my personal use not the guests who would I fear get water everywhere.

I know this is random, but I am new here. Do you charge for these things, or are they apart of your initial charge?

Thanks in advance!

How would you charge for something that is essentially a fitting?

A buck a squirt? Coin machine attached? :rofl:

1 Like

This new user may be responding to the OP. Something that we regulars don’t realize is that this post is pinned at the top. So a new user sees it and any other pinned post first. @hiitsme could be replying to any post in the thread and given the number of posts it says they read in their profile info I’m thinking they didn’t scroll through the entire thread much less actually read all the posts.

I was afraid of that happening a few years ago, when bidets were not common, but I installed 2 in my guest’s bathrooms and have not had that issue, with any guests since I reopened in May. Two side effects: low TP usage and the bowls are super clean.

3 Likes

I read a ton of the entries here (won’t promise I didn’t skim a bit) and did a page search and didn’t find this mentioned so I apologize if this is duplicate info (will delete if it is)…

But I spray my shower glass with Rain-X (for car windshields) after cleaning, but only periodically. I can tell it’s time when the water stops sheeting. I’ve had the same bottle forever as a little goes a long way. It’s widely available and cheap.

6 Likes