[Updated JAN 2024] Tried and Recommended Products for Airbnb Hosts

thanks -I’ve searched the forums and found nothing regarding my topic. Is it 3 days exactly? I don’t mind waiting as I signed up on Friday, just didn’t know there was a time limit, hadn’t see that on a forum before

1 Like

It’s a common precaution with many forums.

It’s also one reason why you won’t see as much spam here as you’ll see on other forums.

JF

MANY of the Amazon links are not “affiliate links” (easy to look at a link and tell if it is or not). If not affiliate link then only the Seller and Amazon profit.

This forum is what one would call a PRIVATE FORUM. It is owned by Tom. He he pays for the hosting and software (discourse forum) for this to be operational. Unlike “a simple web site” that can only cost $5-10 a month, Tom probably pays (guessing to some degree) at least $40 a month - can easily be $100 a month.

You get this great resource for free, and Tom would hope to at least make some money for creating and maintaining the site. So, if there are “some affiliate links” where he gets a minor slice of the action (and you pay exactly the same) for buying good stuff as a result - no one should object to that.

So, if you do buy something that is a proven solution through this site isn’t it fair (and costs you nothing) that Tom would get a minor % as a “Thank you, Tom”?

Make sense?

2 Likes

What do hosts use for welcome guides, displays etc? Thank you!

All great stuff! We also order from hotel suppliers. The dreaded clean! Lol

Ni does anyone have any recommendations on how to remove water stains from glass shower doors?

50/50 mix of white wine vinegar and Fairy Liquid (washing up soap) loosened with a touch of water.

Works with our extremely hard water.

JF

1 Like

Yes. Fragrance free all the way and not had an issue since. Baking soda/splash of detergent and white vinegar for laundry. Fragrance free in I have 3 listings and all are ‘entire place’ so much easier to be fragrance free…not so easy if sharing any internal space i would imagine! My dog alone would negate that ;-). Haha!

Apparently most hotels are trying to be fragrance free as well.

Hi Carolina Fran, I love the idea of no chemicals. I love using distilled vinegar for most of my cleaning, however, it doesn’t work well on tough water drops on our glass shower doors. Have you ever used this product for that?

@OnceUponaRiver I wonder if you’ve ever tried the higher strength vinegars? I can buy “cleaning vinegar” (25%!!) at Home Depot. That stuff is strong. As in - remember that its not “Just Vinegar”…I would imagine at that concentration it could cause permanent damage to eyes, vulnerable materials, even respiratory issues if a lot of vapor got into the air.

The geranium and lavender I understand…but epsom salts? What is the purpose of the epsom salts? I don’t detect any odor whatsoever from them. Seems like if anything it would risk leaving a white crusty residue on whatever it lands on.

The mixture Lynn describes is used as a HEALING BATH FOR FIBROMYALGIA.

See the second ‘recipe’ here; 18 Essential Oil Recipes For Fibromyalgia; Blends To Ease The Pain - Better Mind Body Soul

Vinegar will work to remove hard water deposits, but not on vertical surfaces because the item needs to be soaked in the vinegar.

The calcium in my water means I have to soak the shower heads in vinegar every couple of months for a few hours, and it works fine.

But just wiping down my dark color tile shower wall with vinegar doesn’t remove the water spots.

2 Likes

We were shut down from April through October, so I renovated my kitchen and bath in the rental. Which included a stylish glass door at the walk in shower.

I had not given any thought to water spotting. Argh! A suggestion from a old friend who reworked hundreds of kitchens and bathes made life easier.

This stuff is amazing. Spray all wet surfaces, glass especially, at the end of the shower. Leave it. Water sheets off and when dry, you may see 5% of the spotting which you would with out the spray.

I was thrilled with the product then wondered what was going to get the guests to assist in the process.

I left a brand new bottle on the window sill within the shower.

That did the trick. Best I can tell, everyone used the Method!

4 Likes

I’ll keep an eye out for it, thanks. But have never seen it here in Mexico. What I end up using is muriatic acid, which works well, but of course isn’t a nice non-toxic product like that.

I sourced it at Amazon. Realized that this is a great product, and even before one bottle was consumed, I bought a second case.

(add my paranoia of the supply line being interrupted.

Then it was delisted. I see now it will be available in a few weeks.

That’s why all three of my bathrooms have shower curtains. Glass looks stylish but is hellish to maintain. I also personally prefer the added privacy and the ability to change the color scheme or decor of the bathroom cheaply.

That said, glass in showers has a lot of appeal.

1 Like

Or the whole bathroom is concrete and tile construction, like mine, which requires neither a door or a shower curtain. (The angle of the shower results in no water getting on the floor, anyway, unless someone were to angle the shower head there)

But if I had it to do over again, I would never have used the emerald green tiles on the shower wall.

1 Like

What a great find! Thanks for sharing! :slightly_smiling_face: I also watched a video where she used lemon juice. She squeezed it on a sponge and rubbed it all over the door. She also mixed Vinegar and baking soda into a paste and used a small brush to get out all the stains around the hard water stains along the edges. Wiped it all off with a paper towel!

@Doughpat, it keeps the oils dispersed so they’re not just floating on top of the water.