Untrue review can you help

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/22775602?s=67&unique_share_id=fe53b2de-8bf6-42e4-b934-f585d74b3ffb

Can aanyone tell me how many 5 stars review i need to get back up to 5 after an untrue review was left

you wont ever get back to a full fiveā€¦

1 Like

Why is that can you tell me

The actual rating can never be 5 stars, but it can display as 5 stars due to rounding. How many reviews that takes depends on what the overall rating was for that "untrue reviewā€™. It also depends on where youā€™re looking, because I think there are different pages on Airbnbā€™s website/app that display with 1 decimal place and 2 decimal places.

In order to round 1 decimal place to 5.0, the average needs to be 4.95 or higher.

19 5-star + 1 4-star = 4.95
39 5-star + 1 3-star = 4.95
59 5-star + 1 2-star = 4.95
79 5-star + 1 1-star = 4.95

In order to round 2 decimal places to 5.00, the average needs to be 4.995 or higher.

190 5-star + 1 4-star = 4.995
390 5-star + 1 3-star = 4.995
590 5-star + 1 2-star = 4.995
790 5-star + 1 1-star = 4.995

So, if you got just one 1-star review, your rating wonā€™t display as 5.00 until you have 790 5-star reviews, and in that case, well, @Debthecatā€™s answer is correct.

5 Likes

I just took a peek at your listing and see ā€œDonā€™t waste your timeā€ sandwiched between two beautiful reviews. I really would not worry about that review. You have 279 really good reviews. As a guest, I would not even take into consideration that bad review. Itā€™s obvious it was simply a bratty person that didnā€™t get their way.

3 Likes

Super nice place. Uncluttered, clean and I love the bathroom! Good job!!

1 Like

I couldnā€™t access your listing link before but I can see now that it says you have 281 reviews and a 4.94 overall rating. Unfortunately, since that rating is already rounded, itā€™s not possible to give an exact number, but I can give you a range. Note that based on the rating you currently have, it appears that it wasnā€™t a perfect 5.00 before you received one untrue review. The highest it couldā€™ve been before a single 1-star is 4.95. Regardless, the number of reviews it will take to improve the displayed rating to 5.00 is significantly higher than what I previously calculated.

In order for your listingā€™s main page to show a rating that rounds up to a perfect 5.00, you would need to receive between 2810 and 3372 additional 5-star reviews without receiving any additional reviews that are less than 5 stars.

1 Like

You clearly do a great job. The feedback to the guest seems appropriate IMO.

I would not worry at all about itā€¦ One guest out of so many. I canā€™t imagine any potential guest caring about that one review.

1 Like

If you mean the ā€˜donā€™t waste your timeā€™ comment, remember itā€™s just one personā€™s opinion and potential guests know that. So itā€™s not exactly untrue, itā€™s what that person thought for whatever reason. Either that or they were just weird. Either way, it shouldnā€™t matter.

1 Like

Yes one that was dealing drugs in my home and was removed

Iā€™m glad Airbnb had your back and removed him. Your place is amazing! Beautifully decorated.

1 Like