Type of guest to avoid?

I must admit that 20 years ago as a young student traveling in Europe, I once left the front door unlocked at my host’s apartment, because I thought it was an auto-lock.
He was furious and kicked me out that evening. Understandably

1 Like

That is so interesting; 95% of my guests are 35-55 years old.

1 Like

Fort Lauderdale is known as ‘God’s waiting room’. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

(aka one big Geriatric Ward).

BTW I got an older couple coming in February; I could just feel the rigidness in their manner and questions; everything starts with ‘I hope you have this or that’. My usual 35-55 year-old clientele comes across so much more …dynamic.

But…but, don’t you have that clarifying clause in your description…about the island being suited to the self-sufficient at heart and resourceful in nature? I would think that should cover it and you wouldn’t have to field these random and never-ending questions for the next 7 months.

I know! Maybe you could beat them to the punch and send a list of items and services that you do NOT provide, such as:

• Metamucil
  • Depends and Serenity products
  • Hearing aids
  • Nurses aides
  • Electric blankets
  • Fuzzy slippers
  • Stewed prunes

…you get the picture.

Yours for better service,
SandyToes

2 Likes

Aye Sandy, you are always one step ahead of any situation. Perhaps the whole list can be covered by the further statement: ‘The island is not a geriatric ward; this isn’t Fort Lauderdale!’.

3 Likes

This girl, sorry, this WOMAN of 35 years, should know better.

This is really sad. Just remember this, young uns, And I wish you luck.

“At any age, to partake in ageism is to lay the foundation for your own irrelevancy.”

5 Likes

In any age group, hearing those words would worry me.
Hey look on the bright side. Maybe they will cancel.

Sydney, know who wrote that?

Guys…all this age group is looking for is for you to take charge and let them know you are boss…politely that is. They just want to be reassured you are looking after them. They lighten up as soon as you take charge. Am I mistaken??? It’s all test, and as long as you pass they all of a sudden lighten up…lol

1 Like

SydneyProximity, surely you aren’t serious, though I sense you are, and therein lies a bit of a problem. You took it personal and read into my post much more than was warranted.

I was responding to Mearns’ post and it was to be in fun. (Besides…who’s to say I am not in that group and qualified to say what I want at will.)

Please don’t be bringing a dour outlook into some of our light-hearted bit of banter. There is already too much doom and gloom around as it is.

1 Like

Oh I will be in charge alright. It would take all of 5 seconds. They sound well traveled, and in that we will have a lot in common, I could just imagine the conversations of faraway lands and times; the lady in particular sounds like a hoot.

@Sydney, the reason why I asked who said that, because wanted to know if the person has a sense of humor. The order of the day in this forum, especially with the likes of Sandy and I, and others is humor, which makes this forum so much more fun. You do know many of us are older right?

2 Likes

Ah okay. Must be a seniors moment.
Ellen Snortland said that.

I have no doubt about that!! :smile:

Okay. I’m younger than 50 and Social Media is my thing. I didn’t detect humour, but okay. L.O.L.!

1 Like

Welcome. Hey, just read about this lady, very interesting person indeed.

1 Like

Please look at top, high end hotels/motels in every city in the world. They don’t get perfect ratings like the ones you think we Air hosts should get all the time. It’s just not realistic. The “older” guests I’ve had–and I am “older” myself–were just fine, in fact lots easier to deal with than some of the younger ones who were a little more needy.

Bottom line: don’t sweat a 4. It doesn’t matter. Get the $ and smile. Also, as for Super Bitch, oops, I mean Super Host status–it’s not based on the stars but instead on “overall experience”.

1 Like

Now @Mearns, I’m sure you wrote that especially to wind me up :slight_smile:

Of course I did. Morning :slight_smile: