“Twilight Zone” Inquiry

Well, I do. I’m not turning off my router for anyone. I run 3 businesses from here and a lot of my online work is in the wee hours.

3 Likes

My guest who suffered from this issue said she gets this weird tingling, buzzing feeling up her arms, headaches, and feels generally unwell when around electronic devices, power lines, etc.

1 Like

Some people are super sensitive. It depends on your tolerance. I am seeing a potentially fussy guest.

4 Likes

Double-blind studies that have proven people who say they feel things when they are exposed to EMF actually can’t tell at all. That doesn’t mean they don’t feel something when they think they are exposed and it doesn’t mean there are no health risks. It does mean I would have concerns about having them as guests in my listing.

3 Likes

I have a power line on the back side of my property and all the power lines are on poles here in my neighborhood. Just a block away in an area developed just 5 years later the lines are all underground.

Do you know if underground protects from the EMF? If they can’t see the power lines but they are still there do they still feel ill?

1 Like

Electromagnetic hypersensitivity ( EHS ) is a claimed sensitivity to electromagnetic fields, to which negative symptoms are attributed. EHS has no scientific basis and is not a recognised medical diagnosis. Claims are characterized by a “variety of non-specific symptoms, which afflicted individuals attribute to exposure to electromagnetic fields

2 Likes

So it’s not EMF it’s the :alien:ayyys :alien: after all. I knew it, those sneaky bastards

1 Like

As hosts it really doesn’t matter what the studies show or if something is accepted as fact or not. EHS, chemical sensitivity, allegeries…whatever. We are in the hospitality business and the comfort and needs of our guests should come first as long as they don’t interfere with our safety and comfort.

If someone feels ill the cause isn’t any of our business. So if someone asks about a trigger that might be present in your home just answer and wish them the best on their search for a place to stay.

There but by the grace of god go we.

5 Likes

Neither of the 2 guests I had who were made ill by EMFs was some kind of complainer fusspot. They owned their issue, didn’t make it an issue for me (I really don’t have EMFs at my place, as my Wifi signal is cell-based and I only turn it on when I or a guest needs to go online, there isn’t a modem plugged in or devices on ongoingly). They were both the kind of people who would have asked beforehand if they were that freaked out about it.

1 Like

Just leave a tinfoil hat on the bed… :smile:

3 Likes

I had a guest who disabled the router every night, this drove the other guests nuts! Had to relocate it in the end, to a room with solid brick walls. The stupid thing was that he wouldn’t admit it!

2 Likes