“Twilight Zone” Inquiry

Our strangest inquiry so far:

“Is this room near an electric pole (e.g. 10 feet away) the home’s electricity panel or the main furnace? I am sensitive to main sources of radiation which is why I ask.”

Really? Sounds like “Twilight Zone” to me. But maybe I just don’t know.

Holy cow, he just booked!

You just booked your first extraterrestrial being. Congrats I guess.

5 Likes

I’ll be sure to take pictures!

Plot twist: All your security cams are going to malfunction and you wake up with a strange buzz in your molars.

5 Likes

Seriously, he may ask you to unplug your router.

4 Likes

Well, he can ask. No harm in asking.

No way we’d do it.

Both our rentals have their own - I’m now wondering if we’ve ever had guests who have unplugged them. I’ve never found them unplugged at check out but I suppose that they would plug them back in so they could check on Facebook :roll_eyes:

One of my most annoying guests made a fuss about not wanting to put in the password to use the internet - “why should I have to?” - and the big panic was that she wanted to check Facebook…

5 Likes

It’s not that strange nor “Twilight Zone”. There are people who have extreme sensitivity to electromagnetic waves. I had a guest like that- she didn’t ask questions about it, because she realizes that it’s not the way of the world, but she does limit her exposure- she doesn’t use a cell phone, and uses her laptop as little as possible. She told me she had weird unexplainable symptoms for years until the problem was identified.
And I had another guest the same. he and his wife lived in a building that had a cell tower on top. They both started to get quite sick and doctors couldn’t figure out what was wrong. they moved and instantly started to get better. He ended up studying the issue and creating a job for himself monitoring electromagnetic waves people are exposed to in their homes and businesses and suggests ways for them to mitigate that.

3 Likes

Did he do so before you’d answered his question???

1 Like

I have a dear friend who is a tenured professor at an Ivy League university and who is also very, very sensitive to EMFs. She doesn’t have Wi-Fi in her house, and while she is quite aware that the world works differently now, she does what she can to minimize her exposure. When she came and stayed with us I just turn the router off at night which was no problem for anybody. Of course, she’s our friend, a bit different than guests. But I would do it for a guest who asked too.I don’t need Internet in the middle of the night.

Anyway, it’s not really a twilight zone thing, it’s an actual thing. I don’t perceive that I myself have any particular sensitivities, but with everything zinging through the air these days, and cell phones in our hands 24 seven, who knows how that all affects us? The world’s not doing all that well in many ways is it? Our teenagers especially… It kind of makes you think.

Anyway, now you know.

4 Likes

I have a friend who is so sensitive to EMF that she lives in a hogan just outside the of the Navajo Reservation in Arizona, two miles from a powerline!

2 Likes

Yup.

And then an hour later, he canceled. But we still got paid.

So . . . no ET photos.

3 Likes

What does being ‘very, very sensitive’ mean? What happens?

No idea. Never got to meet him. He canceled shortly after booking. So we got paid for his overnight stay, minus the stay.

Yay! No laundry to do!

1 Like

I saw that. @kathyvermont and @KenH both know people who have this sensitivity and I want to know more. What are the symptoms? How did they discover the cause?

2 Likes

World Health Organization

1 Like

Thanks for that, Muddy. There’s a reason that two similar homes 1/2 mile apart were were offered radically different prices: one was almost directly under a major electrical junction (if that’s what it’s called). Both the seller & realtor went silent when I asked questions and expressed concern. I lived for a short time in an oil refinery town - I know that silence.

5 Likes

It is real. My gf who did our photos got a device that shows colors on everything regarding emf. She had her whole house wired and a big array of computers under her desk. After learning more she decided to cut way back on the amount of radiation that was close to her body. She is a tad hypochondriacal and woo-woo but I think she is right about the dangers.

2 Likes

My friend can hear high pitched noises I can’t. Near power lines and poles he has to get away from them. Hearing like a dog maybe?

2 Likes

I can hear electronic sounds that others can’t. I also have a long history of frying things from using them normally. My coworkers used to joke about it. The IT guys started eyeing me suspiciosly at one place because of constant equipent failures that only seemed to happen where I was working, no matter where in the building that was. :rofl:

3 Likes