Towel for guest

For a one-ni. stay, one complete (3-pc. set) for each guest is sufficient.

Some specificity about what these pieces consist of would be most helpful. Regardless, this feedback is valuable. Much food for thought, so to speak.

One bath towel, one hand towel, and one wash/face cloth per set. What we provide is partly due to our bathroom set up, but we have our cleaner set our place up the same no matter how many guests there are to make it easy. The most we can host is 3 people. We put 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels and 2 face cloths on one shelf. The shelf above holds an additional 1 bath, 1 hand, and 1 face cloth, and extra toilet paper is to the right of that stack. I also have a little container that holds 3 black cotton face cloths that say “makeup” that have almost eliminated our make-up stained towels (we do all white). Then in the hall/linen closet, we usually have 3 or 4 more bath towels (these are usually slightly cheaper towels admittedly), 3 or 4 more hand towels, and a stack of face cloths. We rarely have anyone stay more than a week, but we offer to swap out all the linens after a week. I don’t want my guests laundering my towels or sheets! The last time a guest did that my towels were grey. I’m picky about my laundry (and everything else actually).

1 Like

Hi @Arlene_Larsson,

Wow, I’m awestruck. But don’t all those towels enormously increase your washing load, especially for short stays? And in your opinion, are both hand and face towels important?

1 Like

Honestly if no one’s mentioned it and you are getting great reviews, I would just keep doing what you’re doing!

1 Like

Sure, but there is always room for improvement. And I’m always on the lookout for easy ways to improve.

And I’m not sure about great reviews. I was recently called “a character”. And a bit before that “an odd bird”. I’m not going to pretend those don’t sting a little.

3 Likes

No because if they don’t use them I don’t wash them. The extras in the closet I end up putting out as the main towels every so often so they don’t sit in there too long. I wait for a one night guest that hasn’t paid much, LOL, since they are a little bit worse quality.

2 Likes

For me, a 3-pc set consists of a bath towel, hand towel and facecloth/washcloth. I guess the latter is really a washcloth because there are 3 similar size cloths rolled up by the sink for use as facecloths…they are dark-colored. The washcloth is a matching towel to the set.

Facecloths are almost throw-aways because they sometimes go missing - not always. On the other hand, they cost maybe 40-50 cents ea. and are very thin. Gals seem to prefer using a fabric cloth on their face as opposed to a “wet wipe” tissue.

@faheem…I take it you have no sisters?

1 Like

Well, as long as they don’t use them because they are there, that’s ok, I suppose.

1 Like

Actually, I technically sort of do, but she’s handicapped. Not exactly normal. Long story. Not really a source of information about towels or anything else.

1 Like

Some people use a lot of towels, others don’t. Based on what I see used, I think hand and face towels are important to some, not others. That’s why we provide the same amount of everything. Our place has an amazing view, but the building is older and it’s one of those places that no matter how much we clean it will never be like a new shiny place. So I try to make up for it, in a very competitive market, with some of these things that might be perceived as generous. At least you haven’t been described as boring! That would be an insult!

1 Like

@faheem - I do also.

The term washcloth doesn’t mean much to me, but I assume this is similar to face towel? Is this American terminology? Is there a clear distinction between these? Typing “washcloth” on Amazon India gives
https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=washcloth

Do these look like the ticket?

Unless I’m misunderstanding you, you have a handicapped sibling? If so, sorry to hear that.

1 Like

Don’t bother searching…I’m a fountain of knowledge. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A washcloth is what many use to wash their body in the shower or tub. There are also many who just do the job with their hands.

A facecloth is what a barber might rinse in warm/hot water and place on a man’s face before shaving it, or a woman uses to apply soap and wash her face of makeup or to freshen up.

washcloth in British
(ˈwɒʃˌklɒθ )
noun

1. another name for dishcloth
  2. US and Canadian
    a small piece of cloth used to wash the face and hands
    . Also called (in Britain and certain other countries): face cloth, flannel

I wash any towel that gets put out. Just because the towel is folded does not mean it wasn’t used. Seen proof of this far too often to “save” a bit of work by not washing a hand towel.

@faheem I forgot to mention the bath mat or bath rug (not sure what you call it). Do you provide one of those? The thing someone steps on when they get out of the shower or tub?

Hmm…I doubt they’d fold it back up exactly the way I folded it/had it placed. If it’s suspicious it goes in the wash.

No, I don’t provide a bath mat, actually. I take it you do. Never thought about it. Nor has anyone ever mentioned it. But a cloth one, at least, might be a source of infection. Isn’t that an issue? Also, there isn’t much place in the bathroom for one - it’s a small area.