Toilet Brushes, Do you provide them?

I am currently making room in my tummy for Christmas pig out, every time I think of it and them, my stomach turns.and can’t eat.
When I had nappies with my children, I had to block my nose and cud not clean up sick for love nor money, would not make a great doctor or nurse, this side of hosting I can’t handle very well

There really is no excuse for guests who don’t know how to clean up their own poo (unless they’re under 3 years old and hopefully their care persons will do it for them!)

I had guests last Summer who went out for a meal on their last evening. Unfortunately they had a bad batch of shrimps at the seafood restaurant we had recommended. I saw them when they arrived home and they were REALLY ill, so much so that I was worried they wouldn’t catch their 6 a.m. plane back to Toronto the next day. I really expected to meet an explosion in the toilet when they left and I wouldn’t have blamed them … but no, when I went down to clean everything was pristine. Needless to say I left them a glowing review - as I did NOT for the restaurant on TripAdvisor when they just shrugged off my warning to them about the dangerous batch of shrimp …

I found a plastic toilet brush within an completely enclosed container. I think I paid $4 for it at Big Lots. I’ve noticed it used because the handle was left slightly ajar which I’m very grateful for. I’d rather set the toilet bowl cleaner right next to it because then it’s available without any real searching. I also Supply paper towels right by the sink and I’m happy people use them to clean up they’re kind that tear into the small sheets.
Come to think of it there’s pre-moistened wipes with orange cleaner and I’m going to leave that set out even though I don’t normally like to leave things like that showing. I think a guest appreciates being able to grab something to clean if they feel the need.
I don’t leave the plungers in the bathroom because they’re so ugly but I have been asked to use a plunger twice although I keep them out in a storage shed because they gross me out.
This is a room rental with 2 bathrooms so I’m usually around to help a person out.
Another thing I do is I have a quick orientation checklist I do so when my new guest comes I take no more than 5 minutes and show them the door combo and code where the light switch is for the porch light and how to lock and unlock the door show their room point out where the plugs and light switches are. In the bathroom how to turn the shower off, reminder to use conservative amounts of paper so they don’t clog the toilet show where all the shampoo and towels are and lastly go over what’s okay and not okay to use in the kitchen.

1 Like

A clogged toilet is an issue that needs an urgent solution. This condition makes the toilet unusable.

This is a 5 year old topic so I’ve closed it.