Toilet Brushes, Do you provide them?

Oh but the holder thingie… full of shitey water and bleach just sitting there breeding. Oh god, no. I don’t want it there, I don’t want to clean it, it’s just horrible. Anyone with a bowel problem in my place needs to get inventive with toilet paper and wipes.

3 Likes

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, hahahahahaaaa! :rofl::flushed::poop::poop::tumbler_glass::pancakes::banana:

1 Like

Ditto, would like to know more about the hose.

I guess am just lucky getting so many dirty feckers, even my children comment on the state of the toilets left by hosts, it’s bad when a boy 8 asks me what is wrong with these guests that they can’t clean up after themselves.
I clean the bathrooms everyday from top to bottom, one guests goes in, leaves a dirty toilet and throws a towel on the floor, 5 minutes later , someone else goes in and thinks this bathroom is dirty, the host should have cleaned it.
This summer just seemed to have had too many dirty guests. There was one American lady, I had to go into the bathroom after her, every time to clean up, I just thought that by 50 years of age, you should be able to leave a bathroom clean. I have 10 days guest free, I reckon I need the break

1 Like

Yes, that is bad bad bad! On the other hand, 100 gold** to you for parenting skills :slight_smile: I have the same set-up to you in the summer - guests sharing a bathroom - and now I am not shy to politely tell people if they are messy. “Hi, hope you’re enjoying your stay! This is just a friendly reminder about the house rules on cleaning up after yourself in the bathroom. Thanks for your cooperation”. Problem is, of course, they probably think they ARE being clean :frowning: But you can’t really say ‘hey skanky! go on clean ya pubes out the tub, eh?’

2 Likes

Aw! I feel badly for you. You should ask your guests to leave the bathroom in the same condition as they went in for the other guests in the home.

2 Likes

Haha! Drag by the hand… to the loo… say “would you be happy if you came into the bathroom and found “this”!”

1 Like

LOL! I’ve been tempted sometimes, it’s true!

1 Like

I have a toilet seat bidet. Love it.

1 Like

I have the brush and plunger next to the toilet for the guests in my private bedroom/private bath home. The actual cleaning products however are in the cabinet under their sink.
I have a septic system, so can’t use too much bleach (or so I read somewhere!).
Like @corvidae, I’m also a nurse, and I clean the toilet after each guests by applying paper towels on the seat, under the sink, on the handle to flush, and also around the inside of the top of the toilet (for that, I have to kinda roll up the paper towels). I then spray with bleach that I put in a spray bottle. I also apply this treatment to my bathroom sink fixtures. I let that sit for at least 10 minutes, before removing.
3 sets of gloves later, I feel comfortable using the toilet or letting other guests use it :slight_smile:
Edited to add…I do not leave bleach where guests can find it…just some comet or ajax or something is under the sink. As well as windex and paper towels.

1 Like

Well it was from Vietnam a former French colony. A bit like a back years hose just attached to the plumbing. We tend to use tank water to flush the toilet. The his early is connected to the mains

I have cleaning supplies and a plunger in my bathrooms. I will gladly provide guests an opportunity to clean up after themselves.

1 Like

Just had a very nice couple leave this morning, but how should I say this, they were dirty feckers. They had about 20 years on me and everyday they left poo stains in all the toilets, one would dirty the guest bathroom and one the family bathroom. I can put up with hairs in the bath/shower unit, toothpaste spit in the sink or walls but it is asking too much to expect an adult his clean up their own skid marks.

I just spent 3 hours cleaning their bathroom and bedroom alone. The floor in their bedroom was so dirty I had to hoover, mop, hoover , mop. I have other guests coming later and it has to be nice for them. I had all the linen washed and ironed so it was just good old scrubbing and removing stains and marks.

Maybe I should stop providing any fibre or roughage for breakfast so my guests will get constipated and I will have clean toilets.
Is there a way to say Clean up your own poo stains ?? in a nice way. I charged €10 cleaning fee so I don’t actually milk the guests.

Any suggestions would be welcome

2 Likes

(urp!) I haven’t had breakfast yet…and I may not after reading about your last guests. It’s horrible and a lot of work for you, especially because fastidiousness is required.

“Maybe I should stop providing any fibre or roughage for breakfast so my guests will get constipated…” :grin: That would be a worthy experiment!

I don’t have any suggestions on how to notify guests about cleaning up their own poo marks, unless you discover it while they’re still there. If they are, as a subtle hint just lay the toilet brush across the seat. (ha!)

I would ding them at least 2 stars for cleanliness (1 star per offender). I would also include in the review that they needed to be more attentive to their bathroom habits and hygiene.

2 Likes

Like other posters, I leave a toilet brush and a plunger next to the toilet, and other cleaning supplies under the vanity.

Every now and then a guest will use the brush, but honestly, I’d almost rather deal with the skid marks in the toilet than the brush with, um, “stuff” on it. That grosses me out in the worst way! I feel like there’s no way to really get that thing clean! When there are just skid marks in the toilet, rubber gloves and an old sponge take care of it just fine.

LOL, though like some of you, I am not a nurse, my husband is! Every morning when he comes home his pockets are full of rubber gloves. I have enough to last a lifetime.

1 Like

Ugh that is gross. But if you don’t have a brush there they can’t scrub their own skid marks.

Jeeeze, I am getting old if I choose to spend a perfectly good Friday night writing on a forum about scrubbing skid marks!

I need to get out more, sigh.

4 Likes

totally agree, wouldn’t want a guest to feel obliged to do the washing up, but be unable to sort a skid. Any embarrassment like that could lead to a lesser review.

1 Like

I had a father and son stay last Sunday. One had to leave early for an exam, I went into the bathroom to check it was ok after him, toilet stained really bad. He had used a toilet brush, but had covered it with balls of poo, I know it was him as it was brand new from the day before ( I change them ) I had to wash the toilet brush and get all the crap off it.

My stomach was turned at this point, I left the house and one was still in bed. After school pick up I got back and went into the toilet again and more stains ( this time from the father ) I closed the door and had to walk away. I went to strip the bedding and yes on the bed were poo stains all over my lovely white sheets.

I can only imagine the state of their home, these were grown men, utterly disgusting. Even my children were horrified, I don’t know how adults cannot clean up after themselves. It was 2 days ago, I swear my stomach still turns when I think of it.

2 Likes

Holy $h!+ :poop::poop:

2 Likes

@cassid and @KKC

Oh-my-GOSH!..I am dry-urping after reading your post cassid, and almost peed my pants from reading yours, K9Karma…I’m throwing in the white flag!

I’m a mess.

Better throw in an extra roll of TP while you’re at it.

1 Like