Today I'm listening to

And this reminds me of when a teenager heard Layla on my car CD player and said “Oh. the Vauxhall music”. :roll_eyes:

(That probably makes more sense to people who are British and ‘of a certain age’).

“Free Bird” “speaks” to him a whole lot more than it does to me.

Same here. I actually love some of Lynard Skynard’s stuff, but Free Bird isn’t one of those.

1 Like

This one’s for you @JohnF , following your “friend of my daughter’s”. Jasmin Parkin’s been a friend of my youngest daughter’s since they were babies. They used to sit together at the piano at my house in Canada and play and sing together back when they were 8 years old.

Jasmin was quite the musical prodigy. Even back when she was 8, if you didn’t see her and only heard her, she had that same voice way back then- you’d have thought it was a 30 year old woman singing. And even though she had short stubby fingers, her fingers flew across the piano keys. She sings with Mother Mother, a well-known Canadian band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkqS3NLxDjk&ab_channel=headoftheherdmusic

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. I loved his brief air guitar at 8:10

@muddy @RebeccaF I hear you free bird can go on too long and the lyrics are cold hearted breakup music.

I must give NoLifeShaq credit. He’s a rapper in South Carolina who has launched on a journey to listen to and try to appreciate different styles of music.

2 Likes

Yeah, I get tired of the “I’m a man and I’ve gotta ramble” genre. Here’s one in which karma gets him, Tull’s Pibroch. Loads of Martin Barre guitar fun. I guess no one has the patience to listen to 8 minute songs these days, tho.

3 Likes

I absolutely loved this album and one of my all time favorite shows, still in my top 10 all time was Jethro Tull in about 1979. Not sure of the year.

At the Queen show I attended in Feb Brian May did a fabulous 10min guitar solo that I loved. But lots of folks were antsy and used it as break time. Here it is recorded in 2018

1 Like

I love “Songs from the Wood” and “Heavy Horses.” A big Tull fan. Three of the only six concerts I’ve ever attended were Tull.

1 Like

@KKC
I think Adam Lambert was an excellent choice for the Queen front man. They were on one of my favorite episodes of the Late Late Show -James Corden.

1 Like

He is a superb vocalist and perfect for Queen.