To review or not to review (when you know the experience was mutually disagreeable and the guest will surely leave a bad review in return) - POLL

I remember discussions on the forum about last-minute review posting. Maybe this was discussed before; in recent weeks, I’ve noticed the ‘Expires in x days’ note against a pending review person on the dashboard page counts down hourly on the last day - like, ‘Expires in 10 hours’ etc.

Has anyone left a last-minute review using this feature? Has it worked, ie guest could not review back (at least those in the same timezone)?

@Astaire sadly I have had to use this feature twice in the last few weeks, works great

1 Like

Has this been with guests outside your timezone? I’d be nervous about them having extra time because of being in a different (later) timezone.

Why not tell the truth?

So if I get the first reminder 2;00 PM on the first I have until 1:59 on the 15th?

RR

I skimmed this topic because there are some many comments (whoa! Hosts don’t read, it’s not only guests!) but wanted to comment anyway.

Just so that my opinion is on record, I want to say that in my opinion hosts should always leave reviews for their guests. Reviews take about three minutes at the most so it’s hardly time consuming.

I really believe that we all have a responsibility to other hosts.

I use IB so I don’t get to evaluate guests and approve or deny them. But if I see that a guest has a not-too-good or mediocre review I address it before the guest checks in.

‘Hi xxx, I was looking at your reviews and see that when you stayed in xxx last year your host said that you were noisy. I just want to let you know that this is a really quiet place and that noise isn’t acceptable after 10 pm. Hope you understand! I look forward to meeting you!’

I usually get very contrite and well-behaved guests thanks to that :slight_smile:

2 Likes