Tiny house on our property

Looks like a wonderful spot, which is the most critical thing of all.

Just be aware that supply chain disruptions are a very real issue right now. Planning, patience and thinking ahead are critical to getting any kind of building project done during the lockdown/lockdown-recovery.

2 Likes

In addition to researching viability of rentals in your area, it is essential to recognize the roles and responsibilities of hosts, and self reflect on whether you are up for that. Being a host is a job with many moving parts (e.g., create and manage the listing, design and stock the interior to appeal to guests, manage guest correspondence, manage cleaning, manage financial aspects, deal with maintenance, etc.).

1 Like

I understand space challenges. At some point a small space just can’t hold anything else. My space is 650 sq ft

It isn’t perfect but I managed to get a small recliner in. It is 3/4 size of most recliners.

The guest must move it & give up some floor space to actually recline but it is there. I can tell it gets a lot of use.

1 Like

As a Superhost, who had to battle w. less exited o-owners initially, I think its a great idea too! Most has been said, I just want to add, make sure you put dwelling as far away from your house as possible - But most importantly that the new dwelling takes advantage of the lovely views. You mentioned that it would not have views of your house, which is important to YOU. But the new dwelling should have a WOW Appeal to the GUESTS - So make the most of that WOW factor, may have to think outside the square or get pro. in to help you work out the best option

1 Like

Oh my gosh! Such a great cute idea ^^ I would love to spend a vacation in such a house, for sure)

2 Likes

hi, where did you find the blueprint for this house? i love it. someone would certainly rent it short term especially if it’s private. do the comps.

My mom tried to talk me out of renting on Airbnb. In this case I know she was just trying to protect me, since I was sharing the common areas. But I’m glad I did it anyways, because I made some good friends and earned a lot more than I initially expected. I’m glad I researched my area and listed. Sometimes family members don’t offer the best advice. Love the tiny home concept!

2 Likes

This particular Tiny Home is built by New Frontier. It starts at $145k but I’d build one similar with a local tiny home builder to save money.

Here is the link to New Frontier.

1 Like

Another one I’m seriously considering is the Noyer, by Minimaliste in Canada. They deliver throughout the us.

Here is their link:

Just fyi for well under 75k you can get a beautifully restored or remodeled vintage trailer approx 28-38’ long, ours is a very rare 25’. Spartans are by far the best and vintage trailers (any pre-1960) can be more sought after as str than even tiny homes!

For example here is a Long Long Trailer for sale in Phoenix craigslist, exactly like the Lucy and Desi trailer it is 47k and I know people who will get it to you!

6 Likes

Love the vintage trailer! Airstreams (and such) are so in right now … well, they never went out!!

1 Like

Everyone equates trailers especially shiny ones with Airstreams :wink: “they are the Mercedes’ of the vintage trailer world; Spartans are more like Bentleys…”

4 Likes

I’ve been pricing used campers. I am pleasantly surprised at how many are on Facebook yard sale in my area.

Also on the NC/SC coast there are a large number of campgrounds thus many camper sellers & a nice selection of used campers at good prices.

Keep in mind that used campers can run the gamut of condition and many are not road safe and or ready to fall apart. The older ones really are built to last the newer ones just the opposite, if something is painted over or hastly repaired non- pro, it could be a headache instead of a cute addition toyour property.

1 Like

Hi Lisa

Thanks so much! I’m not on the forum much. It’s a one room space with a kitchen corner and separate bathroom.

Cheers
Julie

1 Like

Thanks Pete. Definitely spotless. Hair is my biggest enemy. Lol.