I had a guest who checked out on August 1 after two nights at our place. I’m expecting a terrible review from her (Air has already notified me that she has written one) because a smoke detector malfunctioned following a power surge due to a thunderstorm (we believe that was the cause as it tripped a circuit breaker and knocked out the Wi-Fi and bathroom lights as well). Long story short, the fire alarm went off a few minutes before 6 AM, which “ruined“ her trip. I offered what I felt was reasonable compensation, they wanted more (an entire night refunded). My husband was on site in less than 10 minutes (we don’t live in the building), as was the local fire department. We also remedied the Wi-Fi issue in less than five minutes. We did the best we could to deal with an unfortunate circumstance, but you just can’t please some people… In any event, based on my communications with her and her husband, I am fully anticipating a less than five star Overall Experience review.
I have three guests who have stayed/will stay before the 14 day response period is up. Right now I have nine reviews posted - eight are 5 star and one is a 4 star (didn’t like self check in, go figure). I have every reason to believe the two other reviews that are currently pending are also likely to be 5 star based on my communication with the guests. My question is this: should I review the unhappy guest now, or wait until the last moment so I have additional positive reviews prior to hers? Or should I review her now, with the expectation that the next two or three reviews (and, presumably others) will be positive and push hers off the page sooner?