The serial one star giver stayed and I got my review

I was replying to River Rock re seeing the star ratings individual guests have left for hosts. That doesn’t have anything to do with guests opening new accounts.

1 Like

Ah. Thank you. I didn’t know that.

1 Like

True, but they can’t have a verified ID on the new account. I’ve never thought about it really but that is probably the best reason to require verified ID.

Oh I know the pain of a one bad review and I’m currently still paying for it. I have been a superhost from almost the very start of my airbnb life. Nothing but 4 and 5 star reviews. The worst I ever got was “dust under the bed” Only to have a guest lie and send me into a frenzy but saying she found bed bugs! This was 7 days after her stay and not to mention zero communication during her stay. Well I had to take the review serious and had not one but two exterminators come to inspect the home for the terrible pests. Nothing! They found no signs of them, eggs or droppings. I still had the place fumigated however airbnb has refused to remove the untrue review and I have gone from having a full cottage to dead zone. I know how gutting this experience can be. Hang in there! Just when you think it couldn’t be worse…at least it wasn’t the kiss of death bed bug lie!

I notice that some listings in my area get really bad reviews, they get about 8 of them before the listing pops up again without any reviews at all and then the cycle repeats because it looks they are deserving of bad reviews. They seem to just be re-listing whenever they have a bad review, or multiple bad reviews or a bed bug accusation.

I don’t know the details of how to do it and I am certainly not saying that you are on their level, but it seems like that having a review that talks about bed bugs looks just as bad. I am surprised that you still want to deal with Airbnb after how they’ve dealt with this, but if you are going to keep your listing up, you are surely better off starting over “fresh”.

1 Like

With that documentation it should have been removed! Time to post that to their Twitter account so they’ll take another look. I never take what CS tells me as the truth, since they have no authority or knowledge, they just read scripts.

@NordlingHouse well get this…last night I was inspired yet again to give the removal another try. This is after two failed attempts with documentation and a tweet! However I took another approach and wrote them highlighting that the guest indicated that the beach was very small. Well on my listing I clearly state there is no direct lake access and this is not a beach house. The size of the public beach is subjective and that no matter the size this isn’t related to the home. Well using this approach actually helped and they removed it. I’m thrilled that they did so because the house went from booked to no new bookings since the review. This morning…the bookings started coming in again! I just can’t believe that this is what it took!

4 Likes

Trust me I thought of doing this many times ! Luckily last night I gave the removal a third try and it worked!! I used a different method and highlighted that the review stated that the size of the beach was small. Well the size of the beach has nothing to do with my rental as its off the lake and the listing clearly states no direct beach access. Well wouldn’t you know this is what actually worked!?! Finally after two months I had two new bookings this morning roll in!

2 Likes

I actually like the idea of mentioning her tendency to give one star. It’s fair. There has to be a way to warn future hosts.

2 Likes

Can you tell me where to find guest reviews of hosts? I’ve never noticed this.

The easiest way is to install a Chrome extension called Air Review. When you click on a guest’s profile picture it will take you to their profile and you can see them there. I don’t know if the extension is available for other browsers yet.

1 Like

I’ll try it. That seems cumbersome though. You’d think it would be easily available. At least as easy as it is to see what other hosts say about the guests.

There isn’t any thing cumbersome about it. Don’t you click on the guest’s profile photo anyway to see the reviews hosts have given them? If you have Air Review, when you do that, you’ll also see the review they left for the host. It’s a one-step procedure.

It’s also on Firefox. I use both. When it’s having issues it’s nice to be able to switch over because the issues often seem browser dependent. Overall, I find that it’s more stable on Firefox. But my laptop is getting older and that might be relevant.

1 Like

Ah. Okay. That sounds better. Thank you!

I might have said “you need forever to stay at home lady”