The most ridiculous review you received as a host

Oh wait, they are probably referring to the movie.

1 Like

I got the Lonesome Dove reference, but why he called the place a whorehouse theme I donā€™t get. Unless he calls everything western themed ā€œwhorehouse themedā€ which is kind of insulting, really.

Well, thatā€™s probably how he meant it if we are honest. Still, I got a little excited by a literary reference. Like if I saw a large insect and referred to Kafka in my review. LOL.

1 Like

I believe Iā€™d have to respond to that one to say that my house is not in fact a whorehouse theme and we offer copies of the Holy Bible in every room for our Christian guests.:rofl: (We do. I have many Bibles and I canā€™t get rid of them so there they are.)

1 Like

I can help; let me know. Iā€™m in central TX from time to time.

I mean I canā€™t bring myself to. I had a series of them growing up, each new one upgraded in quality. Then any time I found a pile of free books I couldnā€™t stay out of them and I collected more and more. Iā€™ve moved across the ocean and country and gotten rid of scores and scores of books over the years, but some Iā€™ll never part with.

My hardcover original Peanuts set is there at the VR, too. As is my Shel Silverstein. I hope someone enjoys them sometime. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same.

Here in a portion of my bookcase you can spot my copy of Lonesome Dove.

1 Like

I see two favorites there: Toni Morrison and Gabriel Garcia Marquez. There is a copy of Memories of My Melancholy Whores at the VR.

1 Like

Sounds like you are a fan of the magical.

1 Like

Definitely. The Alchemist and The Little Prince are two others in that vein I wonā€™t part with. I mostly read non-fiction, but when Iā€™m reading fiction I guess I want the pendulum to swing full the other way.

2 Likes

Those are two I donā€™t have and havenā€™t read. I have a nice crisp 50 franc note with The Little Prince on one side. So many great notes pre Euro.