The most ridiculous review you received as a host

They book a 130 year old heritage home, furnished with antiques and then whine that everything was soooo old and that it needed to be completely refurbished. WTF!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s hilarious!! Obviously a typoā€¦

or was itā€¦?
:smile:

Well, I have to admit that in my normal life, ā€˜contentiousā€™ could fitā€¦

But when I have my hosting hat on Iā€™m very conscientious :blush:

FFS! Latest review - my title is 1875 Victorian Brick Duplex - latest review 4 stars because it looks newer than it actually is!

4 Likes

You just canā€™t please some folks!

That reminded me of a recent review, where we got five stars across the board with the exception of Accuracy. We got four stars because the apartment was so much better than the photographs suggested, WTF?

JF

2 Likes

@JohnF I feel your pain, I got marked down for accuracy for exactly the same reason :frowning:

1 Like

I think she was trying to be nice, but Airbnb reviews donā€™t allow for that type of niceness, i.e. a backhanded compliment.

That said, I do know that we really need to improve our photographs but donā€™t fancy using Airbnb. Currently trying to find a local photographer with experience in doing interior work who wonā€™t charge an arm and a leg.

JF

@JohnF definitely worth getting your own photographs done, Using a professional is definitely worth the investment and of course you can offset the costs against your taxes.

Make sure you negotiate shared copyright so you can use the images for wider marketing.

1 Like

Itā€™ll be a straightforward job, no rights held by photographer and simple contract to reinforce that. We want to use them on BDC also, hence my reluctance to use Airbnb.

JF

Personally I wouldnā€™t ask for no rights held by the photographer as I donā€™t think itā€™s fair for them to give up their copyright and they should be able to use the images for their own purposes ie in their marketing/exhibitions etc.

There are many reasons for not using an Airbnb photographer - you have no copyright, you canā€™t download or use the images in anyway and you have no control over the brief for which images they take or upload.

I think having our own professional photography is one of the best marketing investments we can make.

Good luck with finding someone.

I have no objection to granting them permission to use any images for marketing or display purposes, and have been party to similar contracts in the past. Itā€™s the control freak from pre retirement employment in me :slight_smile:

JF

2 Likes

Itā€™s annoying as I really donā€™t think either of our guests did it out of malice, they simply donā€™t understand the ramifications of marking a listing down. I hope yours gave you a five overall!

JF

1 Like

Oh, I left her a negative review. In addition to the thing with the Ouija board, she was a scammer, and when I saw her review I was so glad I was objective and honest in mine. She tried a couple of different ways to get out of paying. I screen a lot more carefully now ā€“ her booking request was full of red flags.

1 Like

Or there are no outlets!

Some people go to another country and absolutely refuse to consider that things are done differently! They want exactly like they have ā€œback homeā€ smh. Then they moan complain and whine in their reviews.

Iā€™ve said it a hundred times. Air Con in a flat, house, maisonette ie non-hotel in London is non-existing!!

Not to mention that it is not listed as an amenity! And Airbnb has lately been clarifying the amenities a listing does not offer by not o my crossing them out in the list but stating that the listing does not offer this amenity.

There wasnā€™t a bottle opener opener, I had to borrow from next door. Private feedback: you should check that everything is there.

Thank god, this ridiculous review isnā€™t on my listing. Itā€™s on one in my area. I have no idea what heā€™s talking about with the theme. Itā€™s just western themed from what the pictures show.

seriously%20he%20wrote%20that

2 Likes

Lonesome Dove! Just a little Pulitzer winning novel by Larry McMurtry!

1 Like