The most important for me is private bathroom, how to search?

I know but it is a 10 day almost 11 day trip and we want to help out our family . Also we believe in Airbnb and if we really put in the effort that we did in hosting we can also out in the effort of being guests and traveling since we plan to do this in retirement rather then carrying a RV across the country.

Carmen - I absolutely totally agree with you. I myself am looking into a week travelling trip, and the one thing I insist on is a non share bathroom. I don’t care if it is ensuite, or separate, but I am astounded that hosts don’t even mention anything about a bathroom. Means so much wasted time, sending messages to hosts, many who don’t reply. Trying to plan the trip is so damn hard. I really cannot understand why this point is both not easier to find, and specifically mentioned by hosts. I am sure I may have missed out on the perfect place in the right area simply because the host hasn’t mentioned this vital point. PLEASE Airbnb - put this option in the guest search engine!

1 Like

It is now more than two years since this lack of an OBVIOUS and NECESSARY search feature was pointed out, and STILL there is no search function for Private Bathroom, despite all the idiotic search functions that do exist.

I don’t want to wander down the hall in my robe in HOPES that a bathroom will be available when I need to shower and get going. But I still have to MANUALLY filter every search, and while some hosts are very clear about it, others are quite vague, so even once I have scrutinized the listing, I often remain puzzled about the situation, so of course I simply cross all of those off the list.

I realize these people are all “amateurs,” but can’t something as basic as this be required in the search function?

Further search reveals this has been a much-requested issue on Air BnB for YEARS!

The search function allows me to search for an igloo, a tree-house, a tepee, or a lighthouse, among many other exceedingly-rarely desired options, but I can’t search for a place with a PRIVATE BATHROOM.

I have to assume that there must be some behind-the-scenes push-back from the hosts, if so undoubtedly from those who like to keep their shared bathroom listings vague so that they can lure in people who would have excluded them from consideration had they known they’d be sharing a bathroom. This is the sort of pathetic, customer-hostile behavior that drives many customers (including me) away from any kind of regular reliance on the site. For this and many other “bait & switch” listing practices, this is why Air BnB remains my “resort of last resort.”

1 Like