The most important for me is private bathroom, how to search?

I don’t have this alert on my dashboard but I did have the options to change it. Thanks for letting us know. However, I don’t see it in the search filters yet. Maybe they are waiting until more people adjust their description.

That is NUTS. Does she have any reviews at all?

Isn’t this topic about private bathroom listings not cleaning fees?

1 Like

That was a response to how hard it is to search for airbnb places because so many of them are a bit nuts - it makes it a lot of work. You may find the perfect place at the right place, then, you find out you have to bring your own pillows, or do the laundry at check-out and remake the beds, or they don’t provide blankets.

My husband used to have the same problem. Now, he’s taking Flomax and he can sleep all night not to mention we don’t have to keep stopping while we’re out doing errands.

I don’t think there is a search option for it which would make sense. I have all private bathrooms for my guests and many confirm with me if that’s the case though it’s written in headline

Thanks for that. I was just in there a couple of days ago and it wasn’t present. I’ve updated it now (there is also a new thing that lets you specify bed-size by room). This was all very clear in my description, but we recently had a guest who basically complained in her review that our shared bathroom is shared. Jeesh. Her buddy has a bladder control problem that they never mentioned - we had to figure it out ourselves - but she made it sound like I was blocking the toilet all the time (absolutely not true - exactly the opposite). Two-faced witches, grrrrrr.

2 Likes

Where do you see it? I dont have anything like this on my screen.

@felixcat That looks like the host profile screen not the guest search screen

You are correct. It is a recent addition to the hosting side here, so the expectation is that it is coming to the amenities search shortly.

1 Like

I see I can now add the type of bathroom and type of bed, but in the guest mode (app and browser) there is no such filter in the search and also it doesn’t appear in the listing’s page

This has been a royal pain since I do have to read the entire listing (as I should once I narrow it down) but already noticed how very vague some hosts are in the area. I do hope they roll out the private bathroom search feature since it will be very helpful in the future.

2 Likes

I think that may be because there is only one interpretation of laptop friendly surface; a clutter free surface about three feet from the ground that is large enough to hold a laptop and close to a plug.

On the other hand, some guests consider a private bathroom to be one that is available only to them. Other guests consider a private bathroom to be one that adjoins their bedroom so that they don’t have to walk through public areas to access it. I have seen reviews where the guest said that the bathroom wasn’t private because it didn’t adjoin the bedroom and they had to walk down the hall to use it.

Surely that is the correct interpretation of private bathroom?

On the other hand, this isn’t.

1 Like

To me private bathroom and ensuite aren’t the same. When I started, I said I had a private bathroom and that was the one across the hall from their bedroom that was for their use only. I don’t use it and I don’t host other guests. If I had friends over I encouraged them to use mine but sometimes they’d pop into the one in the hall. Now I have add an ensuite bathroom. To me, this would be one that is in the room or even private to their part of the house, meaning no one else has access to it. When ABB puts the filters with pop ups explaining what each amenity means we should see some improvement.

Yes a ensuite would be ideal and I have found a few so they are on the top of my list, but making sure that we either don’t inconvenience the host or other guests is important to us. My hubby is up at least twice a night so we are worried about our hosts being light sleepers, and I am a person that gets in motion in the morning slowly not rushed although I get up early every days even on weekends.

1 Like

Thank you Ellen. I mentioned it to hubby and he will talk about it with his Dr.

folks I just have wore out my searching fingertips to identify what might work for us as far as private room. I need to post a thread about realistic expectation on us as guests with no reviews but a (dreaded superhost)

Sometimes you have to give up on airbnb and get a hotel