Thanks and goodbye

Well folks, we started hosting in November 2016 and in the five years since then (minus 15 month of pandemic) we’ve had 133 bookings (35% from abroad) and have racked up an average rating of 4.98*. But we’re both approaching 73 and we no longer have the energy to carry on. So this is goodbye - and thank you to the lovely people on this group. Cheers; Mac & Carol in Lancaster, UK

17 Likes

Best of luck the rest of the way!

2 Likes

You youngsters just don’t have the stamina anymore…

Joking :rofl:

Enjoy the free time,

JF

Best of luck in your future endeavors! Enjoy the free time!

1 Like

So long, farewell, auf weidersehen, goodbye. Will miss your piquant commentary.

3 Likes

Wishing you all the best. Hope you drop in the future even if it’s just to say hello.

2 Likes

Hi Mac and Carol,

It’s been great knowing you here and I hope you’ll pop in to say hello from time to time. I don’t think I’ll ever be going back to England but I did have my eye on your place if ever I needed somewhere to stay in your area. :slight_smile:

All the best.

2 Likes

Good Luck and Good Health in all your new endeavours

1 Like

Ditto what others said! Please drop by every so often!

1 Like

Have a good life in your new chapter! I feel the energy challenge and may be following you soon.

Best of luck in your new endeavors and you’ll be missed. 73 … youngsters! :wink:

1 Like

Awwwww, best wishes to you both. Your history sounds like ours, only we are in our 60s. So true, the energy needed to “carry on” is a lot. I expect we’ll stop, too, in our 70s but until then we’ll “keep calm, and carry on.”

Amazing! You started hosting at the age of 68 and you have definitely done an excellent job. While admiring your courage and diligence, I wish you all the best for your present and future endeavours. Stay safe, stay healthy and stay blessed! xoxoxoxo

1 Like