Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Thank you gift for hosts? New from Airbnb?

Background: senior guest booked several months ago. Needed easy/no steps/close parking rental. Grandson help her set up her account & find/book rental.

Health emergency so must cancel. She contacted Airbnb. They told her to use website; they couldn’t do cancellation. She needed help. She asked me.

I asked Airbnb to call & help her. Plus told them I was disappointed they turned away a Grandmother/ guest asking for help (shame on them).

Airbnb escalated it to their “special services” team. They called & helped her.

Airbnb asked if I agreed to full refund. Of course I did because she is canceling under a moderate policy & her reservation is >5 nights away.
Then I get this: new? What could it be?

:

1 Like

Key chain of air logo?

1 Like

It’s new in the sense of being notified in advance but over the years we’ve had posts about this. It seems random.

What is the gift, exactly?

That would be a shame, really.

1 Like

I got a gift box of mini shampoo, soap, etc. I think it was when I refunded a guest part off her cancelled booking…they love us when we give our $$ away

4 Likes

Well that sucks, I’ve done than for 2 guests now because there event was cancelled due to COVID, dispite them both booking last Summer for the early part of this year and knowing it’s a Strict cancellation. Wish Airbnb would be happy to send me some goodies.

Based on what other hosts have posted over the years they don’t send anything to non-US hosts.

1 Like

Socks, I got socks once. My daughter took them:(

RR

1 Like

Socks!! I will admit I laughed. Airbnb socks? What a hoot

1 Like

Nice wool socks, I miss them. I would go look in daughters room but then I would have to see the condition of said room.

Love gift they called it.

Warm and fuzzy, like the socks.

RR

2 Likes

Did they have the Airbnb logo? That would be fun

No

RR

1 Like

Well they are right In commending you on your excellent service and understanding of what it means to be a great host. Good on you @Annet3176 !

1 Like
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!