Superhost Travel Coupons - Only for international travel?

Hi,

I received this travel coupon for being a Superhost.

I tried using the coupon yesterday but it did not work. Since it is yet to expire, I wrote to Airbnb Support. They say that travel coupons cannot be used for domestic travel and can only be used for international travel.

1. I again read the Superhost programme and it nowhere says that the coupons have limitations.
  2. If it actually cannot be used domestically, why even issue it? Or if issuing it, why not explain it cannot be used domestically.
  3. Is it the same for Superhosts in other countries? I am from India.

Best, Ram

They are wrong call them back I have used all mine for local travel @purpledoor

1 Like

Thanks Helsi.

Customer Support over email was not much helpful. So I called them over phone and they too are quite vague as to why it does not work.

They are just saying it cannot be used domestically in India but unable to provide any documentation which says so.

1. If it cannot be used in India, why issue it to Superhosts in India. :slight_smile: And why not have fine print somewhere.

2. Someone on Twitter mentioned that coupons are illegal in India which is so funny as we constantly use discount vouchers everywhere.

I hope this issue can be resolved so that Superhosts in India are not shortchanged.

1 Like

That’s ridiculous!

I’ve used several SH travel vouchers, both domestically and internationally (well, Canada. That’s almost domestic up here!)

I’d keep pressure on them until you get a satisfactory answer.

1 Like

i got one and used to book a stay already. Im form US and used it to book an US vacation

Oh dear @purpledoor - that does seem unfair.

Is it possible there are government regulations that restrict the use of such coupons in India?

1 Like

Is there a group of India hosts on the Airbnb Community pages? You might find out there if anyone else has had the same problem.
And if this really is the rule I think Air should be prepared to offer you the money instead.

1 Like

There are definitely Indian host groups online but not sure whether as a forum or social media group @Malagachica