Super Host Status and unpublished reviews

So the next Superhost assessment date is looming and we are currently meeting the criteria :smile:

While not something we are actively chasing - it would be nice to have if we can.

A guest that checked out at the weekend has just left a review - if they have given us less than 5 stars weā€™ll drop below the SH threshold of 80% - currently at 82%

Now we havenā€™t reviewed them yet - and have plenty of time to do so but as the review hasnā€™t published - will it be factored into the SH assessment on 1st July?

Good question, I do not know the answer to that one. Maybe a shout out on twitter would help?

i would just not review this set of guests until July 1 passes. Youā€™ll get SH status (for at least a quarter) and the next review will go into the next quarter assessment.

1 Like

I was just wondering the same thing. Iā€™m not reviewing any more until the 2nd, just in case.

Not like I even want super host, I just want my Tuft & Needle mattress!

2 Likes

Ok, I figured it out. The superhost evaluation period ends June 30 but they take until July 14 to evaluate because they count all stays up until that point. So basically, any reviews you get until July 14 for stays ending before July 1 count toward it.

So anyone who slacked off at the end of the month could get surprised. :wink:

I wonder if their system is ā€œsmart enoughā€ not to look at stays after June 30 who review before July 14. Probably notā€¦

You should get it. I donā€™t think they REALLY require SH for the free mattress.

Did you confirm that with ABB? I take it to mean that the evaluation period does end June 30th, and they allow themselves 2 wks to go through all the evaluations. Meaning, they only use towards determining your status ONLY the results until the 30th, but they allow themselves 2 weeks to actually determine your SH status based on your statistics until the 30th.

Iā€™ve been a host for almost 2 years. I would like to be a super host because I think it would improve my bookings. What do people think about that? I have been close to SH several times & each time I get a random weird guest who gives me a bad review & I donā€™t make it. I have had 136 stays with 112 5 star reviews. Is it worth me calling Airbnb over it? I have a few reviews with absolute fabrications that I can prove are just not true, some just random & some from guests who stole things or as in the case of the 400 lb man who broke the bed & then complained about it. I got $100 from Airbnb for a new bed frame but they left his terrible one star review up. He said the street in front of my house was covered in trash that I hadnā€™t picked up. Twice a year the city has a brush & bulk pickup. We can put things out in the week before it. The whole neighborhood had stuff out. Itā€™s not trash, itā€™s old furniture & tree limbs & stuff like that. Another crazy woman said she couldnā€™t get into my house because it took her 3 hours to find my car. Havenā€™t got a car. How should I approach Airbnb about stuff that I can prove is untrue?

This thread is 3 years old, butā€¦

Iā€™m not as experienced as many hosts here, but I made SuperHost 14 weeks after hosting my first guest and as far as I can tell, it wonā€™t improve your booking much, if at all. Itā€™s a badge with very few perks.

Donā€™t bother. Airbnb wonā€™t take down a review unless if violates their terms of service. Unfortunately, lying doesnā€™t violate their terms of service, nor does retaliation from asking a guest to pay for something broken or stolen.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s what Airbnb says about it:

Although we donā€™t give an explicit boost to Superhosts in search, the factors required to become a Superhost do help your listing rank higher.

I thought this was a site for Airbnb hosts to talk to each other. Did I just get a response from Airbnb then? Iā€™m confused.

Thank you for getting back to me. I didnā€™t realize the thread was so old. Iā€™ve never posted on that forum before.

The SH appellation is the most underutilized tool in Airā€™s arsenal. Itā€™s awarded by guests. I was told there are 161,000 globally out of millions of listings. But ultimately itā€™s pride, and only pride, that motivates this one.

1 Like

Thank you Mandi

No pride over here whatsoever, just renting out my spare room in my humble home. When I look at Airbnb places to stay in Tucson where I live, all the top featured listings are superhosts.

Because Superhosts do the things that boost you in search, for example, never cancelling on anyone. Itā€™s not because Superhost by itself gets you a higher search rank. Thatā€™s what Jaquo was doing above, telling you what Airbnb says about superhostā€™s role in determining search rank.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I called Airbnb and Iā€™m up for review again on July 4th. I cohost another place for a friend and itā€™s been a bit rocky and it affects my SH status which I didnā€™t realize.

If you expect the rocky reviews to continue, you should make your friend the ā€œlisting adminā€ for that listing so they donā€™t count against you.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1550/how-do-ratings-and-reviews-work-for-co-hosts