Super Host Relief Fund Invitation

I got my invitation today, but have no fear: Two more weeks left for them to send out additional invitations. I am hoping that I am one of the lucky few to get some thing, but like others here have said, not holding my breath.
Good luck to you all

Congratulations on getting your invite! From our widely large sample size of two hosts, it seems Airbnb is sending the invites on Thursdays.

1 Like

I read in one of the Covid 19 updates that if you made the Superhost cut on April 1st you would not be penalized for all the cancellations due to the Pandemic. I never got an application to apply for the Superhost fund, but yesterday I got a message that I was getting a $2500 payout for my losses. I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. Only catch; it says I’ll get it with my next payout, which will be in June unless the lock down continues. In that case I may be waiting quite a while.

@beneluigi
Yeah, my small refund, nothing like yours by the way so good job!, also Says that it will be issued when I next get a payout…

Like you indicated, that literally might take months

Thank you @Xena
Interesting regarding the “Thursday theory”…

1 Like

Hello All! Anyone else get an invitation? I have so many questions about it, and am pretty bummed we haven’t gotten an invite to apply yet. We are in Brooklyn & we didn’t have many cancellations because there weren’t many bookings for summer yet. I wonder if that matters? Any help right now would be significant, as I’m guessing NYC won’t open up any time soon. Anyway, thanks everyone for your discussion and information here, it’s been really helpful :slight_smile:

Hi, I just received an email from Airbnb about this grant. I have until May 7 to apply. It says that I am invited to apply. Says it’s 17mil fund; they noticed that I earned significantly less on Airbnb recently ( my calendar has been open and my heading says " For First Responders Only" My property is in Atlanta suburb, and the Gov. shut down all short-term rentals until April 30. I have had one booking this year for a weekend. I have been SH for over 2 years.
Email says that once I apply for this fund they will let me know within 2 weeks if it has been approved. They said to make a determination of whether I get the grant I have to answer a few questions about how my business has been affected by COVID-19, as well as my financial situation overall.
I have a house. I guess that’s all there is…
OH, I received the invite on April 30

1 Like

Mine said that too, but it arrived in my account about 4 days later. My town has shut down rentals Mid March to May 31.

I can’t speak for the other hosts here who received invites to the Superhost relief fund, but my listing has been closed since mid-February and I had no bookings that were canceled. My calendar is set to “open manually” and I hadn’t opened it due to some renovations. Remember that the cancellation refunds are a separate pot of money, so I don’t think cancellations are a factor in determining who is invited to apply to the Superhost relief fund.

that’s great news which country are you in and how long have you been hosting @cmpipe?

If you click on her profile she has a link to her listing.

3 Likes

You might want to check on that because that is not what it says when I look at your listing on Airbnb.

Also, it looks like your first review was Nov 2018 which isn’t very long ago. That kind of goes against what they are saying about looking first at hosts who’ve been hosts for the longest time. It’s interesting. And I think it may give some others a possibility that haven’t been hosting as long either - like @Brian_R170 ?

1 Like

@JJD
Agree. Congratulations to @cmpipe for her invite. It’s unclear how long he/she has been hosting, but if it’s only been two years, I am a little bit surprised about the invite given that many Superhosts on this forum alone have been hosting much longer. It almost makes me wonder whether some of these invitations, including my own, are picked at random by Airbnb… who knows.

3 Likes

hi, i’ve been hosting since 2017

hi, i actually changed the heading yesterday. it did say " for first responders" because of what i mentioned about the shut down. I actually started in Nov. 2017, but for some reason the dates in the reviews are not in order…? wonder why?
i think that i was invite because, as Air says, a great % of my money comes from their site.

hi, thank you! just checking in to this site before i crash…i am in the U.S. and my property is in Atlanta.

It seems there isn’t much rhyme or reason to the invites especially because so many hosts here have been hosting over 3 or 4 plus years, and been super hosts throughout with thousands of dollars difference from March 2019 earnings as compared with March 2020… and these hosts haven’t gotten an invite. It almost makes me wonder if they invite a set amount from certain regions…

4 Likes

Interesting to see some are receiving invites. I’m a superhost for 6 years straight. I host two rooms in my house. My spring occupancy is 80% for both rooms. I haven’t had a booking since the end of February. I haven’t heard a peep from AirBnB. As my username says I’m done with them. My experience has been worsening for years. I’ve been thinking of quitting since 2018 and now the writing is on the wall. Good luck to you all.

1 Like

Yes, long before covid it seemed Airbnb had been ignoring this sector of their business. Now they make sounds about wanting to get back to their “roots.” Even if one could be convinced of that, it’s going to be the hardest market to re-open as both hosts and guests are (or should be) wary of shared spaces.

3 Likes

Hi all, I recieved email granting $2000. Not that I am complaining but would like to propose a list to see how much the payout is on average.

2 Likes