Suitcase on a bed

When you were traveling, were you also renting out your Airbnb space? If so, how did you handle that?

Yes I had an Airbnb guest but for one very long stay. When they left I didnā€™t replace them with another guest (I wanted to be sure that if I found any damage I knew who had caused it) I therefore didnā€™t deal with changeovers while I was away.

1 Like

@Marina I was just looking at your listing again, remembering how lovely it is and I noticed your beautiful ethnic pattern bed cover. Is that an eastern European design? I think a bigger concern than suitcases might be guests having sex on your comforter/duvet/bedspread. I say this because as Iā€™m cleaning from last nightā€™s guest I see a large water type stain on my quilt. Itā€™s completely dried, probably from them putting the electric throw on the bed during the night. So itā€™s in the washing machine now, I hope it come out stain free.

Ah, @Zandra, this is one of those ā€œthe world can be divided into two types of peopleā€ things ā€¦ the husband and I and one of our daughters are immediate unpackers, putters-away in drawers and the rest of the family are living-out-of-suitcasers. Most of our guests, especially the younger ones, are the second type. I have to physically restrain myself from going in and offering to unpack for them a la Downton Abbey ladyā€™s maid.

Iā€™m mostly a hotel guest (oh the shame!); but have stayed in a few BNBs (Air and traditional) and a hostel.

I have a bad back so donā€™t tend to hoist my bag. If I have a bag on a flight, I normally put it under the seat in front.

Amazon sells luggage racks. Quite a choice and reasonably priced. If you have Amazon Prime, youā€™ll get your order in two days.

If you want to save your walls, I recommend this one: Wooden Mallet WallSaver Luggage Rack. Unfortunately, we donā€™t have enough room for one in the bnb, but we do have one in our homeā€™s guest room. If you go to the big online retailer, save some $$ with the used/warehouse deals.