Stuffed on Host Referral

I referred a new host, who consequently created a listing & completed his first reservation. Yay I thought, $100 to me (or £97 as its UK here). Not happening says AirBnB, as this new host was previously referred 2 yrs ago, by me, but did nothing & the invitation expired. Apparently you cant refer the same person twice, even though they only start hosting second time. Try finding anything in T&C’s about this, nothing. (by referring to Airbnb first time, new Hosts (“Referred Hosts”) who create listings or activate existing listings for the first time and successfully complete bookings.) Unfair?

1 Like

Sounds like a job for Twitter… :grin:

1 Like

From the Host Referral Terms and Conditions

If you referred the host 2 years ago and they didn’t complete a $100 booking within $150 days, then you get no payout. It doesn’t explicitly say that you can’t refer the same host again if that host never even creates an Airbnb account, but it does say this:

1 Like

Thanks Brian. Still miffed. :neutral_face:

1 Like

My neighbor who referred me got nothing because I messed up my first listing and started over. Air will do anything to lure hosts while making it ridiculously hard to collect any incentives.

1 Like