Stealing from the accommodation

We have a sign on the bookcase that is “Take a book, leave a book” to encourage book swaps.

We’ve ended up with more items than we have had stolen.

I’m in Tokyo and most guests are tourists so whatever people can’t fit into their suitcases they leave behind.

I could almost open a shop with all of the stuff we are left with.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Tracey_Northcott

I look forward to learning from you.

RR

1 Like

One guest nicked our TV!

Wow, that’s bold. I’d imagine every host would notice it was missing and every host would notify the police.

Nice! There’s an unlocked box on our street that has books with the same message. It’s really nice to see people taking and giving. People are good, essentially. I know Airbnb can make you think otherwise but I love to be proved wrong. Tonight some guests arrived that I was dreading. So many weird and demanding texts. No profile info and just generally a bad feeling. Turns out they are absolutely lovely. I mean REALLY lovely.

Will get back to you on the review :smile:

1 Like

I have a feeling the bowls were used for popcorn and in the trash they went. I think folks drink too much and accidentally throw things out. I have found pots and pans in the trash!

I had a guest who smoked and decided to use a shot glass as an ashtray. I have two ashtrays out in plain view, but these cats used a shot glass and then … threw it away. I fished it out, cleaned it and put it back in my cabinet.