SOS (same ole sh&t) as 2020

Send me a one-word response.

@rubychix

No possible. Minimum post is 20 characters. You will see 202020 & ………& asdfghjkl used as fillers.

I’m sure I’ve seen @kkc and others discuss this.

So, the reason you’re not getting a vaccine is because selfishly it’s all about you. Vaccinating yourself to prevent more variance or spread to other people never crossed your mind did it? Your anecdotal comment about how your Covid experience was simply flu is A crude and insensitive comment that over 600,000 dead people are obviously not relevant in your small selfish little world.

16 Likes

You are missing that this forum was not intended to be a place to discuss any topic you want. It is for hosts on AirBnB (and other OTA’s get discussed too, as there is crossover).
Occasionally, it wanders into other topics for a short period of time, but the moderators usually get us back to a STR topic (or close a thread) before it gets too far afield.

2 Likes

Opinions are not science.

6 Likes

Good for you and your family, there are many families that can’t say the same thing! Many lingering side effects and death! But, hey, you have public health care, so what does it matter!
I am Canadian as well, but I (and my entire family) chose to get the vaccine to help those that are more susceptible or cannot get the vaccine! It’s the least we could do! But you do you!

5 Likes

So you hope. Long term effects are not totally clear and a concerning issue.

3 Likes

… and accurate.

JF

4 Likes

Covid, US yesterday, 84,500+ new cases and 483 new deaths.

3 Likes

Tomorrow will be our next set of guests. This could be our last for the year if it gets really bad but in northern Michigan we are still quite low like last summer and still no delta variant in our county. Are we allowed to require guests to be vaccinated to make a reservation? Regards, Curt

There are multiple other threads about this on the forum. You should use the search function of the forum to find them.

The short answer is that Airbnb has no official policy. My advice would be to do what you need to do but you’re on your own in terms of enforcing it. My listing says I’m pro-vax and prefer vaccinated guests but that’s all for now.

Travel and tourism will bring you your fair share I’d imagine.

1 Like

Both-sideism doesn’t work here. We’re science and fact based, so if you’re drinking the Q-Aid that doesn’t go very far with this group.

4 Likes

Yeah, what a shame that REALITY has a liberal bias.

4 Likes

Wondering whether another shutdown is looming for my STR. Sigh.

Third-hand anecdotes are statistically meaningless (N=1), but I just paid a vet bill over the phone, and the receptionist told me her niece, an RN at a local hospital, has a fully-vaccinated, and very unfortunate, nurse colleague who has been hospitalized for breakthrough COVID.

I know humans are not rational judges of risk, but I’ve not got a good feeling about the near future.

3 Likes

I a certain regional hospital system in SoCal where my spouse is involved in the daily covid reports last week there was a day when 11% of the covid admissions were vaccinated people, none of them were in the ICU though. am not sure if that is the case this week or not.

It changes fast, the numbers are going up by the hour for CoviD and the line on the curve is going straight up.

1 Like

Which suggests 89% were not vaccinated, sadly.

The figures for Spain relating to the status of new cases is not dissimilar:

The global figures for Spain were given this week by the President of the Government, Pedro Sánchez: “5.5% are fully vaccinated people , 11% had received a dose and 80% are unvaccinated.”

The majority of infections are occurring within the younger unvaccinated group, and of those who had already been vaccinated, very few have required hospital admission.

I think the biggest difference between your unvaccinated figure and ours, here in Spain, is that there is very little reluctance to get vaccinated, the regions are doing it as fast as they can. In fact, there is almost a sense of pride, as in you’d meet someone in the street and the first thing they would say is “hey, I got my first/second dose yesterday”, all said with a large smile.

I wandered round to our plaza a day or so after my second dose, and when I told JC (bar owner) that I’d had it, he promptly poured us an Oloroso each to celebrate :wine_glass: It was then I said to him that I was a very special case, I needed a vaccine booster every day :wink:

JF

10 Likes

Host here and was going to travel mid-Sept to Seattle area, place I lived for four decades. I’ve been worried about delta for a few weeks now and because of what we’re seeing, I’ve cancelled my flight. So sad, would have loved to see my old friends.

2 Likes

So long as republicans, conservatives and evangelicals rely on Fox false news and ratings chasers Carlson and Ingraham for their idiotic blithering, the pandemic will continue in the USA! We have virtually blocked off all time until we see some change in covidiot behavior. One two-week booking for Balloon Fiesta, which we fully expect will be cancelled, then we will continue blocking time and may even suspend our listings. So sad and all because a bunch of little nobodies want some attention!

7 Likes

Some places don’t even want to call it Covid 19, or want to down play it’s severity to ‘It’s just like the flu’.
Yeah! The flu x10.
The world has some pretty weird thinkers in it, that’s for sure- and they are everywhere!!
If/ when Delta comes to my state, I’m closing up shop,until it’s ok once more.
My Airbnb is in my house and I have vulnerable family members living here too.
We’re all vaccinated but have a 3.5 yr old too.

1 Like

Please tell any prospective guests that you are unvaccinated so they can choose whether or not to continue the booking. Those who share your views will book others won’t . That’s only fair.