SOS (same ole sh&t) as 2020

Here we go again. Just received first cancellation related to Delta variant. Guest decided since my area on “high incidence” status to cancel

image(Dammit-beet red=high incidence)

I don’t blame them. I blocked off a few days mid-August for personal use. I’m feeling a bit apprehensive too

1 Like

Oh jeez… I really hope the world has learned something from the first wave of outbreaks. Thank for updating us about this.

3 Likes

There needs to be a vaccine mandate, since the same people who fought the mask mandates do not realize they are the vector for the virus.

11 Likes

It’s clear that this is not the case.

8 Likes

Yeah, just wishful thinking. Maybe we hosts can just prepare for the next surge in bookings after another long hiatus, due to the coming lockdowns.

2 Likes

On Worldometer yesterday, 61,000+ new Covid cases in US with 331 deaths. Florida wasn’t reporting and if they did it would put the totals over 70,000. Florida did have the highest one day totals for hospitalizations.
No one has learned anything.

4 Likes

All of Florida is beet red on the chart. Missouri (Netflix Ozark set there) is reporting NO ICU beds available.

SMH

2 Likes

Just read Florida had 6,794 hospitalizations yesterday, largest one day increase.

4 Likes

I get to spend another winter being infuriated.

8 Likes

@RiverRock there ya go - quoting science and facts. Don’t you realize that emotions and feelings rule everyone now and masks and vaccinations are the work of the devil and an infringement on civil liberties and freedoms?

Yeah, I feel your pain. Time for me to go back into my blanket fort. I have a roommate now but she leaves on the 15th and one booking for the 21st for an overnight stay. I fear a cancellation due to the Delta variant.

1 Like

Slow down. I’m not having the vaccine and that’s that! And I have my reasons.

3 Likes

If you really aren’t getting the vaccine, I can only hope you always wear a mask and that you don’t have personal contact with your guests.

8 Likes

I know everyone’s frustrated as *&^ with it all. I had covid in May 2020. It was like the flu for me and I was over the worst of it in a few days. My sister got it and her husband at the same time as we were all living in the same house. We are all OK, and sisters husband didn’t even know he’d had it until he took part in a study and tested positive for antibodies. We are late 50’s.
Myself I think there are good reasons to not get vaccinated, but that’s just me. [remainder of post redacted by moderator]

1 Like

You can get Covid a second time as you probably know.
No Covid for me and when a booster is available I’ll be getting that. It’s just too risky.
BTW, I’m assuming you’re in Vancouver, Canada and not WA. Lived in WA for a big part of my life until getting itchy feet and moving.

3 Likes

The moderators agreed months ago that we aren’t permitting this site to become one that amplifies the anti-vax movement. This is a public safety concern. There are plenty of sites for folks to go do so called “research” as you describe it but it won’t be facilitated here.

15 Likes

Fool.

JF

9 Likes

I see, and that’s fair enough, it’s your forum… I’m reading the posts again. I see that one of the mods called for a mandatory vaccine. Which is quite radical and seems to be OK on here.
So I’m guessing it’s not a balance of opinions on this forum that you’re looking for.

Maybe time for me to look for a less biased place to chat. One where one can talk freely about things and less anger.

Adios amigos

2 Likes

Such an intelligent and thought out reply.

Totally irrelevant, but I’ve tried unsuccessfully to find out the significance of “20202020”, after some posts. Educate me? :nerd_face:

On the issue of the pandemic, no.

4 Likes