SOS (same ole sh&t) as 2020

If you really aren’t getting the vaccine, I can only hope you always wear a mask and that you don’t have personal contact with your guests.

8 Likes

I know everyone’s frustrated as *&^ with it all. I had covid in May 2020. It was like the flu for me and I was over the worst of it in a few days. My sister got it and her husband at the same time as we were all living in the same house. We are all OK, and sisters husband didn’t even know he’d had it until he took part in a study and tested positive for antibodies. We are late 50’s.
Myself I think there are good reasons to not get vaccinated, but that’s just me. [remainder of post redacted by moderator]

1 Like

You can get Covid a second time as you probably know.
No Covid for me and when a booster is available I’ll be getting that. It’s just too risky.
BTW, I’m assuming you’re in Vancouver, Canada and not WA. Lived in WA for a big part of my life until getting itchy feet and moving.

3 Likes

The moderators agreed months ago that we aren’t permitting this site to become one that amplifies the anti-vax movement. This is a public safety concern. There are plenty of sites for folks to go do so called “research” as you describe it but it won’t be facilitated here.

15 Likes

Fool.

JF

9 Likes

I see, and that’s fair enough, it’s your forum… I’m reading the posts again. I see that one of the mods called for a mandatory vaccine. Which is quite radical and seems to be OK on here.
So I’m guessing it’s not a balance of opinions on this forum that you’re looking for.

Maybe time for me to look for a less biased place to chat. One where one can talk freely about things and less anger.

Adios amigos

2 Likes

Such an intelligent and thought out reply.

Totally irrelevant, but I’ve tried unsuccessfully to find out the significance of “20202020”, after some posts. Educate me? :nerd_face:

On the issue of the pandemic, no.

4 Likes

Send me a one-word response.

@rubychix

No possible. Minimum post is 20 characters. You will see 202020 & ………& asdfghjkl used as fillers.

I’m sure I’ve seen @kkc and others discuss this.

So, the reason you’re not getting a vaccine is because selfishly it’s all about you. Vaccinating yourself to prevent more variance or spread to other people never crossed your mind did it? Your anecdotal comment about how your Covid experience was simply flu is A crude and insensitive comment that over 600,000 dead people are obviously not relevant in your small selfish little world.

16 Likes

You are missing that this forum was not intended to be a place to discuss any topic you want. It is for hosts on AirBnB (and other OTA’s get discussed too, as there is crossover).
Occasionally, it wanders into other topics for a short period of time, but the moderators usually get us back to a STR topic (or close a thread) before it gets too far afield.

2 Likes

Opinions are not science.

6 Likes

Good for you and your family, there are many families that can’t say the same thing! Many lingering side effects and death! But, hey, you have public health care, so what does it matter!
I am Canadian as well, but I (and my entire family) chose to get the vaccine to help those that are more susceptible or cannot get the vaccine! It’s the least we could do! But you do you!

5 Likes

So you hope. Long term effects are not totally clear and a concerning issue.

3 Likes

… and accurate.

JF

4 Likes

Covid, US yesterday, 84,500+ new cases and 483 new deaths.

3 Likes

Tomorrow will be our next set of guests. This could be our last for the year if it gets really bad but in northern Michigan we are still quite low like last summer and still no delta variant in our county. Are we allowed to require guests to be vaccinated to make a reservation? Regards, Curt

There are multiple other threads about this on the forum. You should use the search function of the forum to find them.

The short answer is that Airbnb has no official policy. My advice would be to do what you need to do but you’re on your own in terms of enforcing it. My listing says I’m pro-vax and prefer vaccinated guests but that’s all for now.

Travel and tourism will bring you your fair share I’d imagine.

1 Like