Silliest reasons to lose a star

Recently lost a star for ‘Value’ because my place has 4 bedrooms and the family of three said it was a bit too big!

6 Likes

So, if it had been the exact size they needed, it would’ve been less expensive and, therefore, a better value.

1 Like

Indeed, no one forced them to book a 4 bed house. It wasn’t a secret!

Asian guests with bloody expensive handbags complaining about the age of the house they had booked and that I hadn’t considered their needs because I didn’t have bloody CHOP STICKS, and we are a small rural town and there is NO UBER!
The house is listed as 100 year old heritage weatherboard!
Every house now has CHOP STICKS and an Asian style dinner set!

2 Likes

Lost a star due to location. They said they loved the area and it was as described however they wish it was closer to the next town over. (Another small town with no additional amenities)

Also lost a star from another guest because a piece of ice fell out of the ice maker.

Another I lost a star due to accuracy. She only booked for 4 people. It’s a 3 bedroom and 4 beds visible. She says one of the extra beds was a cot. (The fifth bed). One of the beds is actually a daybed with a pull out second twin. So their are 5 separate beds prior to needing the cot. Then her review says great for large groups! Um what?! Lol

Raved about the place, the area, things to do. But it was too expensive for their 4 night stay. ummm–ok…

Remember that a lot of “expensive” things like that you see are just cheap fakes.

Nope - these were the real deal, rich people don’t tend to carry fakes…
And I like a nice handbag myself :grinning:

1 Like

At $85 with a shared bath, a Kiwi couple used to paying $25NZ for the same kind of place dinged me a star for “value”. This was their first 2 days of Alaska sticker price shock. Everything costs more here.