Should I respond to this review?

Hi @konacoconutz,

Sounds like a missed opportunity. :slight_smile: Kidding aside, sounds like a surreally trying couple of days. They do happen sometimes. I hope you’re feeling better now.

I can only imagine how horrible the whole ordeal is. You’re supposed to return from a vacation refreshed and relaxed, but this sounds like a total nightmare… and then to have to deal with bad guests.

Keep repeating: “this WILL be behind me… this WILL be behind me” (that’s what I do when things get particularly tough). Project yourself into the future as best you can and imagine you’re looking back on it after it’s “one of those bad stories” you tell.

Just a thought… if the guests left things contrary to the way they were supposed to, would that not offset the sighting of a millipede? I mean… you’re in the tropics.

Funny story: once we drove to the Grand Canyon and stayed in a single-floor motel in Flagstaff. During the night I heard something so turned on the light to see a millipede had knocked over an object. He was HUGE! Like about 5" long (12cm). I was freaked out (we don’t get those in Canada) but also so intrigued that we caught the guy, named him and brought him home with us.

It wouldn’t occur to me to ask for my money back! A normal person would know that is out of the control of the hotel. … but especially when they hadn’t followed your instructions? C’mon - it goes both ways.

Sorry about your inauspicious homecoming. Ugh. I’m sure your mood will change once you get things sorted out, get some rest, and get your next booking.

2 Likes

@CanadianHost I Googled and it says spiders doesn’t like peppermint but I haven’t tried it yet. According to Google, we need to put several drops of peppermint essential oil into a spray bottle and fill it with warm water. I’m going to try this weekend but it takes some time to see if it really works.

I lived in West Africa, where we had GINORMOUS millipedes! Millipedes the world over, no matter the size are the same. annoying but harmless.

Yup it’s the tropics.

Please let me/us know how this works for you. I think that I just might have some peppermint oil at home. If so, I’ll try it, too. I just don’t know which corners to start in.

My house would smell like a candy store I did this. I just warn folks and do a thorough sweep of all corners for cobwebs before they arrive.